1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(ESPN) Rockets Pitch to Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Egghead, Jul 1, 2010.

1. vince

vince Member

Cheap????

Morey told Bosh, "look buddy, you be aware in the FA market you get X dollars, but in a S&T you get X+Y dollars. We've got the pieces that Toronto wants."

Morey is to the point. Max in a S&T is a lot more than Max in the FA market.

Morey doesn't play around!!!! :grin:

2. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

If Bosh and Thomas (agent) give the Rockets the ok, they'll definitely fly up to the windy city and have a more official meeting. Morey just wanted to get on his mind and buy for a second meeting most likely.

3. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Don't think anything's wrong if u really want him. Its his punk ass agent who keeps blocking us from really meeting w/ him.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Bosh would have had to agree to a big sit down like he has with the other teams. Unfortunately he hasn't been interested enough to offer that to Houston. It's not on Houston or Morey, all on Bosh and his agent.

5. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

I feel it is a lot more personable to go to someones house. Meeting in a cold building in a meeting room is not my cup of tea.

6. HPD

HPD Member

this feels like a Carlos Beltran type of scenario... lets hope not

7. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I think DM knows exactly what he is doing... and it can`t hurt to have something different from all other offers...

In the end Bosh really only has to ask himself 1 question:

Do I want to play alongside Lebron/Wade, perhaps with a subpar supporting cast as a second option or do you want to come to a playoff caliber team full of great role players as a first option and lead it to a championship (and make more money while doing so). I´d fully understand if he takes the first option - it`s kinda the sexy option as it would generate a whole lot more media attention. But if he is serious about winning, about being the main man on a team, and also about money, going to Houston should be his best option!

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Morey and Adelman are already in Chicago...

9. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

At least chose Tim Hortons or Starbucks, even MacDonalds is better than his house. Morey is so cheap!

10. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Hopefully not. But its already been reported his agent didn't take us serious. They say he's aiming for Bosh to play alongside Wade or Lebron

11. Rocketfanatic2

Doesn't it make you sick to the stomach when some people are so rich that they can be given a free iPad and it's considered a cheap visit by some

12. Rocketsmith

Rocketsmith Member

Was Morey the only one there? Did other GM's end up like our caravan?

If Morey was the first and only one there, I say that Bosh knows we have made him our #1 priority. Most of all the other teams are saying we want you, but it depends on James or Wade. I could see where Bosh could be ticked off about not being a team's first choice and then asked to take less money. Morey made sure all this was planted in Bosh's head, being a genius, Morey only needed 20 minutes. :grin:

13. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

good news. where did you hear this?

with regards to the thread, i think it is kind of silly. what? do our execs have to be pretentious big wigs sitting in a chicago skyscraper/IMG building in cleveland? oh yes, only then will FAs take us seriously.. nah, i don't think this is a factor at all.

14. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

Didn't know that but that doesn't come as a surprise...

15. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

.......................meeting with ...............?????????

16. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Perhaps if it was just a home visit and an ipad, then it's a little cheap. However, considering what's on the ipad,all the comments from Houston sports figures, it shows a lot of effort.

17. harees95

harees95 Member

What happened in the Carlos Beltran situation?

18. devilsdandruff

they were in Chicago two days ago dining with Brad Miller.

19. HPD

HPD Member

honestly, a 60 sec message from Dream...whos not even part of the team anymore and an infomercial from the fat reducing machine guy anit gonna sway BOSH...like playing w/ his friends KING and Dwade will

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

This would make too much sense.