1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh ecstatic after NY meeting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 2, 2010.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Exactly.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

They hyped him with the money. They probably guaranteed him his own talk show plus a chance to make movies with Chris Rock. The truth is NYC is the most expensive city to live in the USA. He will pay a state tax and a city tax. He will spend more on real estate and get much much less and he will soon find if Lebron goes with him there will be room for only one star and it ain't gonna be him. Everybody remembers how Willis Reed limped out from the tunnel but no one knows he didn't make half the money as Clyde Frazier. One star gets rich beyond basketball riches.

3. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

chill the eff out guys.....he is filming a documentary....hes gonna say all this crap....NY has NOTHING to offer toronto not to mention they are about to sign Amare. CHIILAX

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I just have to laugh at these "spurned lover" posts. Every time there's a quote about Bosh that favors a team other than Houston, someone has to chime in and say "I never wanted him here anyway" as if it's a done deal.

It's just like the guy who sees a hot girl at the club and tries to hit on her. When she rejects his advances, he resorts to calling her a "skank" or "ho" and saying "you're not even that hot anyway" despite being all googly-eyed 2 minutes before.

2 people like this.
  5. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

NY can only offer him what they offered Amare I believe, the 100 mil. Seeing as they have 0 assets to offer Toronto except a huge TE (which could come in handy but I'm sure Toronto would want at least a draft pick or 2), I dont see Bosh taking a 20 mil pay cut.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because there hasn't been a Houston and Toronto stop, yet! Good freakin' lord. Now if Bosh says he's done with his visits, and Houston hasn't had one, then worry. As of now, it looks like we'll get close to the last word - which is great for us, imo.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder if we're going to get an actual full-blown meeting with him, or if the 20 minutes is the only shot Daryl had?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He hasn't really "met" with Houston. He was given a 20 minute sit-down presentation from an ipad. Haven't you noticed all of these meetings are with teams that have enough cap space to sign him out right?

9. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Toronto apparently really likes David Lee.

10. devilsdandruff

if we dont get Bosh. i wish the Nets does. not the Kicks.

11. Tfj4

Tfj4 Member

That would be horrible if the kicks got him!

12. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think it's actually pretty cool. He likes working behind a camera. He had fun doing that All Star commercial that he directed himself. I don't think it's that big of a deal to bring camera to meetings, as long as he gets permission and doesn't stick the camera into the meetings (which he said he didn't). I think it will be actually pretty interesting for us to watch the video if he ends up becoming a Rocket. We can look at the journey he made...

13. rocketnam

rocketnam Member

Bosh isnt' the only guy out there folks....David Lee has some serious game and is overlooked up to this point.I'd pull the trigger with the versitile Lee.Who also is good with playing the 5 spot..

14. University Blue

This reminds me of the "spurned lover" posts related to VSPAN.

Haven't heard anything from Kyle Korver, what's he up to?

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

CALM DOWN...

alanhahn Need to correct misheard Bosh quote (it was a mob scene): said "You should have seen me the day before yesterday."

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not gonna happen. No sign and trade there and huge state income tax. Loses alot of money to go there. Plus they already signed up amare at his position.

17. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

lol, I wish

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

they would just sign him straight up as a FA

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Now I understand why people says the members on this site are idiots.

Nothing is set in stone, nor did Morey give him this elaborate presentation as well.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Why would Lee sign for the MLE with us or the Knicks do a sign and trade to us and losing their salary cap space to sign max player?