1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONIC] Rockets' free-agency caravan takes a wrong turn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 1, 2010.

?

Should we lock Jerome Solomon articles on ClutchFans?

1. Yes, get rid of them

171 vote(s)
    78.4%
  2. No, let them be

47 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

[​IMG]

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

You supporters of Solomon are really weird.

Troll on this board who create inflammatory threads just to get rises out of people, and people think such threads should be locked.
    Troll who gets paid by the chronicle to be a journalist, but only write inflammatory articles just to troll for clicks, and people think its free speech.

When has Solomon ever broke a Rockets story? When has Solomon criticized the Rockets in a constructive manner? When has Solomon ever written anything better than realgm articles? When has Solomon not acted like a little b!tch when he writes about the Rockets?

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

F Jerome Solomon.

4. piyong

piyong Member

exactly like DD said: 'killjoy', so yes get rid of them

5. summitts20

summitts20 Member

Why does the chronicle keep this guy on staff if he's just going to keep bashing the team?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He gives readers the black perspective on sports. :p

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Pretty much saved me keystrokes.

8. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

No, this is a load of BS. Solomon is just taking a page from the 'stir **** to get people talking' playbook because he knows it works and of course some internet messageboard folk (who also love the same playbook) are going to back him up. That's not journalism, it's just garbage.

Unfortunately it works all too well in the media these days.

9. Raven

Raven Member

What he said.

10. thekad

thekad Member

At first, I couldn't care either way, but the fact that Hillboy and leebigez, two posters who have never made a salient point side one way makes me want to side with the other. Lock it up.

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

If I want opinions about the Rockets I'll come here.

The only time I'll read articles from writers these days (especially from the chron) is for team/player status updates and insider info. Solomon provides none of these to me so my general thoughts on him is apathy.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's basically troll journalism. Just like that Skip Bayless on ESPN, for example.

And there's plenty of criticism around here about the team and players. Anyone read this board after a loss? That certainly isn't the issue.

13. leebigez

thekad, there are too many get along/sensitive posters on this board. Myself personally, i dont care what other posters think about my posts. I dont post to get a pat on the back nor to stir the pot. If posters dont like solomon, dont click the link or read his articles,but since this board is filled with pink shirt wearing,metrosexuals, their pride is hurt because of solomon articles. I for one think the whole caravan and bosh to houson website is p.r.r and high schoolish for a proud franchise. The rockets are making these efforts to keep the fans involved. We went from a place guys wanted to come play to a team that has to beg players to come play here. I would rather have guys who want to be here because of the great city and what the rockets can offer.

1 person likes this.
  14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i rarely read this guy's stuff....but this time i have to say he has somewhat of a point. The whole caravan thing seemed not very well thought out and i'm almost sure it was a very last minute type of thing. They didnt even let fans know ahead of time to get them to send off the caravan, yet the video on the site shows a small group of "fans" sending them off. Looks like they just got the staff to come outside...then there was the excuse of not knowing where bosh was, despite having numerous league connections, while clutchfans figured it out through the internet.

so i have to agree they sold it to be a lot more than just having fun with fans and it wasnt.. i dont think it's going to be the difference between a player choosing us or not, but i do think it leaves a good impression if done right and this wasnt. If it had been Bosh would have mentioned it to the media or on twitter when asked about Houston...and he didnt, probably because he didnt even know about it or see it, although it was suppose to be all for him.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Begging? We want Bosh, so we go to him and attempt to recruit him, like every single team aside from the Lakers (because they've won and have inherent appeal from it - in before leeb goes "LOL WHY DIDN'T WE WIN") is discussing with these free agents on the merits of coming here. You claim that you want to have guys because they like what the Rockets can offer, but given that ESPN is so obsessed with those teams that have cap space, the Rockets should do what they can to make sure that the free agents know of the opportunities. The alternative is to simply lie down and let Bosh walk to the Heat and Bulls, something which he very well may do, though it would not be from lack of effort on the part of our front office.

As for the on-topic, I don't particularly care. Solomon is right in that the caravan was a pr stunt, though I don't have any problems with it, and if he has any other complaints, I don't know as I didn't read it. He is a piece of trash writer, but he's too pathetic for me to get up in arms to call for a ban one way or another.

16. leebigez

Koj- I dont have a problem with making a pitch,but the caravan,tell scola and lowry what the fans think about them kinda stuff makes me shake my head. Players, just like gm's compile info on teams. They already know about how many times the owner has gone over the lt. They know the gm's track too. In the end it will cpming down to winning and money.

17. k-money

k-money Member

next time sombody makes a jerome salome (or however u spell it) article DONT GIVE A LINK JUST QUOTE IT PLEASE HE MAKES MONEY OUT OF THE VEIEWS!