1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pacers are after Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by liamrock, Jul 1, 2010.

1. thekad

thekad Member

I wonder what DaDakota's problem with Lowry is... Oh.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He scored 2 more points per game (16.1 - 18.0), grabbed 1 more reb. per game (6.5 - 5.5), and had a 33% shooting percentage from three?

His FG% overall did drop but from 54% to 52% is not bad at all when you're averaging a whole 10 more minutes than before....

I don't get your argument.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like Kyle Lowry...a lot...he is a great change of pace player.

But he CAN'T SHOOT THE BALL !!!!

And I don't want to give defenses a break and crowd Yao because we put a PG that can't shoot out there.

DD

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yet you brought it up even though "you knew" it was strictly BS.

You never fail to baffle me DD. Ariza was a starter on a championship team. He made plays to seal wins for the Lakers in the playoffs and shot at an amazing clip when it counted most. Plus, we all saw Ariza's improvement with the emergence of Kevin Martin.

Do you remember how crappy we looked when Ariza and Lowry went down with injuries? Lowry is much better than Farmar or Brown. End of Discussion.

5. DaDakota

And there ya go.......

I think Lowry was very important to this team, because frankly our first unit was terrible on offense outside of AB and Luis.

DD

6. CHayesIsMyHero

I will say this even though it is irrelevant to the rockets team as a whole. Lowry would beat Brooks bad in a one on one pick up game. If going to 10, the score would probably be 10-4. That is all.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The rockets will match Lowry's offer for sure.

8. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Brooks only shoots better, drives better, and is quicker because he starts. So Adelman is taking one for the team so Morey can Build up Trade value for Brooks and this is all some conspiracy to hold back the much more talented Kyle Lowry. BRILLIANT!!! I never would have seen that one coming. Are you by chance Kyle's agent or just a family member? Oh, and if you don't see the stats, Google them!!!!!!!!

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

His scoring per minute went down significantly as well as his rebounding per minute. His TS% went from 62 to 57%.

10. thekad

thekad Member

And you know who CAN shoot?!

DD

11. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

Kyle plays on the second team Yao is a starter :grin: if Yao is out there with Lowry then expect Brooks to be out there aswell as Lowry

12. DaDakota

Chris Paul?
    Derick Rose?
    Tony Parker?
    Steve Nash?
    Deron Williams?
    Aaron Brooks?
    DaDakota?

;)

DD

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Derrick Rose was 16/60 from 3 this year.. He's a terrible shooter.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Amen! These Lowry lovers are never going to understand that to keep spacing around inside players, you must have shooters on the floor so your bigs will have room to operate and your offense will flow. When you have a point gaurd who cannot shoot, see Rafer Alston, the opposing point can sag into the lap of your posts and really bog down the offense. This is why our offense used to go on 8 minute droughts without scoring until we switched Alston for Brooks. If we switch to Lowry, the same thing will happen because, scarely, Rafer may have been a better shooter!! This is like arguing for Grossman to start over Schaub. One can complete a pass and one can't. Well, one can shoot and one can't. Which one starts?

15. CHayesIsMyHero

Do you not understand that Rafer couldnt drive???? All Rafer could do was spot up and shoot and wasnt even good at it.

16. DaDakota

The mean age has dropped on this forum and they can't remember Dream and all the problems he had until the team got some solid 3pt shooters to surround him.

The SAME thing Yao needs.

DD

17. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Speaking of Nash what is he making this year/ what are the chances of snagging him? Since PHX is losing Amare they might as well blow it up, and if we are swinging for the fences, I'm they'd be happy to take on Brooks and build from there.

18. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

Indiana after Kyle Lowry? -- They better back the f*** off or else Daryl Morey is going to rape them and get Danny Granger, T.J. Ford and 5 future first round picks (all unprotected) for David Andersen.

19. CHayesIsMyHero

people that dont understand the game of basketball, just stop typing. if you have never played organized basketball for at least 5 years, stop typing.

ymca and junior high doesnt count.

20. CHayesIsMyHero

bottom line that people need to understand though... Lowry is not a scorer, hes a facilitator. Brooks is not a facilitator, he is a scorer. Lowry is one of the best passers in the nba. Brooks is one of the best three point shooters in the nba. Brooks cant play defense at all. Lowry can play defense pretty dang good. Lowry is a leader and a floor general. Brooks is not a leader.

Each guy is better under certain circumstances. To me, I would love if Lowry got a few more minutes each game than Brooks, Brooks pisses me off with his horrible decision making and turnovers alot more than Lowry does with his inability to shoot at a high percentage.