1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Griffin update !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samurai Jack, Aug 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That is just freakin' hilarious! :D Another good one.

2. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

:D :D :D
    That's outstanding!

Clutch,Jeff and crew......can we get,or is there already,a place on these boards for classic posts like this?

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't know how he played, but I know he played at least 4 or 5 games, most of which were from the start. He usually got the better of his opponent, and in Gooden's case was probably equal. (less pts, more Rbs, Bks, and a better FG%.)

But like I said, I don't know how he played.

4. verse

verse Contributing Member

Good LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD that was funny! :D

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

236 for EG is plenty. That's Rasheed Wallace's weight and he's an inch taller. EG's gonna be a force next year.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

What do they say "No News is GOOD NEWS"

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I beg your pardon, but LA's #1 Rocket Fan is no scrub :p

8. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Well Im sorry I offended you:D I just meant that if it were I I would take the word of the Rocket's coachs over WHOever's word. Simply because they work with them and see them daily.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

S'81 -

No disrepect taken but IMHO there are a number of posters at CC.net who can identify a jump hook (including LA's #1 Rockets Fan).

Also, Boylen (like most in his profession) are not above using "spin" during an interview to emphasize a point. My inquiry was intended to determine if those in attendance felt as positive as Boylen.

10. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I agree, CAT is CAT (sometimes no news is good news!):cool: I think the only reason why they mention Stevie is bcuz of the extention ( which is a relief 2 me, the rockets won't go 2far witout this dude!:cool: ) I'm really excited about this years squad! I don't live in H-town anymore, but I still root 4 all of the teams ('stros, texans, comets, etc...) And I have been a ROX's fan 4 over 21 years...& will continue 2be!:) Thanxs 4 all da 411 guys, please keep it up!

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't believe people actually thought that concession stand line was actually funny. :( If you're gonna slam a guy, be clever please.

:D

12. Stickfigure

Stickfigure Member

Back on topic, I can't wait to see Griffin and Yao together snuffing out shots all over the court. Can you imagine what other teams will be facing if they try to penetrate into the lane with those two flyswatters? It's going to be like Hakeem and Horry, only better.

Of course, all this speaks to the need for some very tough perimeter defense to funnel all the action toward the paint. That's where I worry about Cat. If he can learn to bring the defensive intensity, we're looking at some shutdown D!

Francis, Yao, Griffin ... these guys are going to be MAX players before all is said and done. Hopefully we won't keep filling our roster with money pits like Cato, Rice, and MoT any more now that we know what the real future of the club is going to look like.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, we're gonna have opposing guards driving the lane ("I'm gonna dunk on the Great Wall") and not paying attention to EG flying in from the weakside. 'T's'gonna be sweeeeeeet.

I do wish we had some perimeter D, though (other than T-Mo). I'd trade KT and T-Mo for Ron Artest, if we could. Granted, Kenny Smith knew he could play matador when he had The Dream to back him up; but I want someone out front who the opposing guards will have to keep an eye on (you know how the PG will "look past" his "defender" or will look right at a defender? Now that's what I'm talkin bout!)

14. RedRock

RedRock Member

Great to hear that EG is developing his post-up game. It's the one thing keeping him from being an All-Star caliber player. And Cat's not going anywhere. I wouldn't take it as a snub.

15. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I think Rice may surprise a lot of you. About two thirds into the season I saw a Chicago game in pregame warmup where he was raining threes. He must of made about 80 ot of 100. I also think he has the fire in him and a point to prove. Let's not count him out as a key factor along with the others. He could become a much better "Matt Bullard" in the scheme of things. It takes a team full of players...

16. ROCKET RY

ROCKET RY Contributing Member

i think the reason he doesnt mention cato, cat or mooch is because he was just mentioning question marks from last year, and those guys were relatively healthy. I think he was just adressing the rookies and the players coming off of injuries last year