1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ideal non-superstar situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tdogg310, Jun 30, 2010.

1. tdogg310

tdogg310 Member

Fair enough. You bring up good points there. I know its a long shot. I guess my thinking is just that most of their players have reached their potential, so i dont think they can take the next step without making a move. Players like Felton, Jackson, Wallace, Diaw, Chandler, Hughes have all maxed out. If they seriously think that the development of augustine and henderson can push them over the top then they should stay put, but i think they r farther away than that. Adding some young high ceiling talent would give them a shot, in my eyes at least. If they did this move, they would have Hill, expiring battier, expiring $12 mil chandler, and NY pick. With that they have a developing big, potential for a high draft pick, and enough money to buy a max contract player, or 2 all stars. And seeing how they did just make the playoffs, it would be a tough pill to swallow for charlotte fans to make a move that will put them 1-2 years out from contention. but they would actually have a legit shot, instead of just being in the playoff basement in the east, IMO.

2. hotdamn

hotdamn Member

Wallace is great and I have been a fan of his since Sac. but this is never going to happen. It would be awesome if we did somehow acquired him.

3. worzel gummidge

concussion waiting to happen

4. monster

monster Member

I would love to get Wallace, but I don't see how.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think Ronnie Brewer is a great fit, and a Morey/Adelman type player. He's efficient, gets to the line, plays great defense, and plays smart. He has an ugly shot, but it's effective.