1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN News] Ric Bucher "Include Houston in group of teams that may get Bosh"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brozef, Jun 28, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You're missing the point. Martin is not a garbage contract. Many teams want him. Don't forget, we traded Landry for him.

2. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

I like how you tried to figure it out. I do the same thing.

But,I will tell you that Bosh is coming here. Wade is staying in Miami and joining Boozer. Lebron is going to the Bulls. The reason I know this is because of tracking odd futures,common sense,and tweets.

Riley wants Boozer more than Amare. He wants Bosh more than Boozer,but Bosh is no dumby. Bosh knows its better to play with Yao than ****** Pittman whom the Heat just drafted.

So that alone eliminates Heat. Also,the agents are all tied in together.Thats a important point people overlook. If William Wesley and Stern want desperately Lebron in the finals,why would you pair up Wade+Bosh to stop Lebron? Makes no sense. You wouldnt. Im sure once Stern and WWW get word of a Wade+Bosh they will break it up to help Lebron reach finals with either Bulls or Nets.

Now,everyone is leaning to Bulls,but man,why would Lebron turn down jayz/proporov/russia/ny/brooklyn/b lopez/favors/harris? Lebron if he is a true business man would chose Nets. If he chooses Bulls he will still win a championship but I think he would make money from business playing in Brooklyn with Proporov.

So,where does Bosh go? Lakers dont want him for some reason,plus Bosh doesnt want to be third option on Lakers or wade/lebron/bosh trio. Bosh has said this last week . He is not a "add-on"

That leaves only two more teams. Knicks and Rockets. And the odds futures of Bosh list 8 teams,and guess what the only west conference team is Rockets. Good sign. Plus imagine a Rockets/Bulls finals with China watching. Wow.

Now,Bosh might choose Knicks. But damn,he knows ahead of time he will never beat Lebrons Bulls or Wades Heat so that eliminates Knicks.

That leaves Bulls. Maybe Bosh joins Bulls with Lebron....sorry,you got rose/lebron Bosh would possibly be 3rd option. He doesnt want that,(unless he has changed his mind again)

So,that leaves one team and one team only. Rockets.

It doesnt matter where Lebron goes,Bosh is going to be on Rockets whether he wants to or not hehe

3. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I caught that on ESPN also.

Git er done Morey!!!

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Are we forgetting the landry trade exception? That brings the 13.2 number down to ~10, right?

Jeffries, Brooks, Anderson.

Boom, outta here.

Lowry wants to start, and Lowry is a much, much better option on a SL that includes Martin, Ariza, Bosh, and Yao. And we keep Scola. Win.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

no, no , no.....no one is saying he's garbage, they don't want LARGE CONTRACTS. At least more than likely. Martin is making 10-13 mill over the next few years, that's a significant amount. Unless the raptors specifically want a Kevin Martin, it would not be in their best interest to take him back. Yes he's good, but he's not superstar where you take him no matter what..he's a star that fits a certain role, if you dont need, want, or have that role then why take on so much money?

It's like us taking on lebron, johnson AND keeping martin. Doesnt make sense, even if Martin is good, you'd rather include him in a deal, get some expirings and assets, otherwise you're tied into his contract when you dont even need him or have room for him.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

How do you know that? James, Bosh, & Wade all take the Max, but every team wants them.

Martin is not overpaid. In term of his ability, his salary is very reasonable.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

dude, take a second and listen. I specifically said that Martin isn't a superstar( James, bosh and wade), so teams dont just take him blindly with a large contract. Superstars are worth max money and any team will want them. Martin isn't a superstar. I never said he was overpaid, but that he earns a very significant amount and unless you specifically want him and his skills, it's pointless to tie up cap space with him.

and no i dont know for a fact that toronto doesnt want a large contract, but i do know that's usually the case in these kinds of trades and i believe that's what Bima thug was trying to also point out, which is where all this started and the reason why i went with that assumption.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Do you mean Morey was blind?! ;)

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I agree, 125M or 96M those are downright scary numbers. I would be more comfortable if Toronto was a winning team with him plus his numbers were inflated by playing on a mediocre team.

10. devin23

devin23 Member

Good news I guess. Is Houston really trying to get bosh in the hopes of having him in the role of Chris Webber??? Cause that seems to be where its going. Hope RA knows what he's doing.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Here's my take on other team's scenarios for acquiring FA's (Bosh).

NYK:
    Pros: MSG's history, Big Apple, America's largest media source all come from NY. They got a lot of cap room
    Cons: This offseason, they have 3 players under contract. Pressure and hostility from Knick's fans if one doesn't do well... No picks for the next several years to land young talent (thank you very much),no sign and trade assets, take couple of years to rebuild...oh and state income tax, that's why the Wall St. people live in Penn, Conn, and NJ!

MIA:
    Pros: D.Wade is likely to stay, they got cap room, girls, beaches, social life is going to be fun, Pat Riley at the helm,... no income taxes
    Cons: limited assets for sign and trades, hurricanes(does that count?), weak supporting casts, not the center-piece cornerstone whatever of the team, it's D-Wade's team not your team...

CHI:
    Pros: mid market-large market, an okay supporting cast provided that everybody is fit, cap space, legacy builder after Jordan, D.Rose and Noah, and... income taxes??!?
    Cons: It's Rose's team, think those fans think of him as the man of the team, questionable front offices (Del Negro....), limited sign and trade assets, and some other things I can't think of...

NJ:
    Pros: Owner, okay supporting casts, Brooklyn?, cap space...
    Cons: Not appealing to big markets, star players are overrated, and owners might not know what the hell he's doing (yet?)

LAC:
    Pros: good supporting casts, loyal fan base, cap space, some sign and trade assets
    Cons: Clippers.... not known to be successful, no matter what they've done, being second fiddle to those jerks that wear yellow every other nights on national television, just not appealing to leave a legacy.

HOU:
    Pro: Large international market (China), playoff bound supporting casts (given if everybody is fit), up and coming GM, great coach, lots of sign and trade assets,...err anything I missed? center piece of the team?
    Con: limited cap space, not appealing due to limited cap space...? can't think of anything else

This is probably biased but I hope CB4 gets his act together and realise that this is the best place for him. i might've left out some teams and points so don't be too hard on me :)

Jeffries
    Battier (release and sign back with us)
    Anderson
    NYK pick and our pick in 2012
    draft rights to Llull and one more player (whoever they want)
    Our 2013 first round pick (if possible)
    Cash consideration?

For

Bosh :)

12. Raven

Raven Member

We'll know soon enough, and then we can move on. Thank God!

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

What if they want Yao?! ;)

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Haha I meant another one of our players overseas ;)
    Nice catch though, I always knew there was something wrong with my post lol

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You forgot:

Hou: plenty of gentlemen's clubs. :grin:

16. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

They are also losing a little money each year if they opt out and resign a new max deal though. For example, Yao is due to make 17.7 million this year. If he opts out and gets a max deal he would make about a million less next year in year 1 of his new deal.

If Lebron signs a max deal this year and opts out after year 3 he will be getting the lowest three years of his 6 year deal. In this scenario instead of getting year 4, 5 and 6 money in his last three years, he would again get year 1, 2 and 3 money from his new deal.

Granted he would resign for six new years three years from now, but at his age, skill and reputation, he probably has two max deals left.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Idiots

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...I think Miami has Houston beat in that department.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You know that hadn't even occurred to me but your absolutely right. All along I have been thinking that Morey probably views Bosh as a bit overpaid as a Max guy relative to his stats(considering Scola's numbers) but if you look at it in terms of a system guy, Bosh really is the perfect fit for the Classic Adelman offensive system. I guess when you determine the value of guys, you have to take that into consideration too. On his own Bosh, isn't particularly special but surround him with the team Houston has and they have an inside outside game that would be tough to defend(Yao and Bosh are both decent outside shooters too) and enough length and athleticism to compete with anyone in the league.

20. the shark

the shark Member

I've heard Bosh say he wants to go to a team where he'll be the first option.

I've heard him say that he'll wait to see where LeBron goes.

I've yet to hear him say that he wants to sign with a team that will give him the best opportunity to win a championship.

IMO, Chris Bosh has done NOTHING in his career to be considered THE MAN nor someone who could lead a team to a championship.

Would Bosh (or any of these other FA's) take less $$ in order to put themselves on a team that would give them the best opportunity to win a championship? I think we all know the answer to this question.

These guys are ALL about the $$$.

I know I might be in the minority here, but I for one hope Bosh doesn't wind up here.