1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FanHouse Source] Rockets will pursue Brad Miller

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jun 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Tornadoofsoul6

Signing Brad Miller with the bi-annual exception, around 2 million a year, to keep the MLE intact wouldn't be too bad; another team would probably offer more.

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I would much rather have an OVER THE HILL SHAQ on the team than Brad Miller.

It would be smarter to try to get Brendan Haywood.. I HIGHLY doubt he'll wanna be a backup, but if we can convince him to be Yao's backup, i think we'll be good to go. Good scorer around the basket, great rebounder and shot blocker...

if all else fails, make a trade for Al Jefferson - form TWIN TOWERS.

3. txtodd

txtodd Member

David Andersen = Poor Man's Brad Miller

Old Brad Miller = Poor Man's Brad Miller

4. redao

redao Member

Rockets fall to plan D already?

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Morey disclosed today he has 6 of those. lol.

6. devilsdandruff

celtics might be pursuing brad miller since rasheed is retiring.

7. mms

mms Member

The question is can we get Miller for LLE? Rumor says BOS may offer him around MLE.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

David Andersen must really really suck.

I wonder if the team is going to release him or buy him out?

DD

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

haha. this almost made me choke.

10. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

Brand Miller would be a good pickup, I like his game. Hope we can get a good deal since he wants to play here.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Honestly dude after all this free agent talk, I wouldn't mind that at all. I really like our team and I don't see the big deal about signing Bosh but, I guess time will tell.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

If Andersen could rebound, this wouldn't be necessary...

unfortunately, I don't think he's going to become a better rebounder. I kept holding out hope, as Luis seemed to improve in this area as he acclimated to the NBA game, but I just don't think David is capable of boxing out consistently effectively at the NBA level.

You've got to assume that's the only reason they are interested in Brad? His defense was never great and has gone down hill. His 3 point percentage has been horrible 2 of the last four years and below average one of the others, and his 2 point percentage isn't great, either. He doesn't get the ball enough (nor should he) to be that great big man passer anymore, yet still turns the ball over too much....

...he just wasn't very good last year (though sadly, still better than Andersen). if he is signed, it really needs to be for cheap cheap cheap.

13. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

this is the backup C I want most.. hes very underrated and solid.. Yao can def take his precious time if we sign Brad.. a seamless transition from his SAC-town days to here so Id be stoked

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

This is the second time today I have read a post that literally lowered my IQ. It must be catching or we have a lot of total dumbasses posting today. Not sure which!!

15. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Ditto... I owe you rep points.

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Brad Miller is a safe pick for our team. He knows the system, only plays less 20 min per game, old age should not be a problem for him. The most important thing is he is not expensive for a short term plan.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

who underrates him? He had the 41st best PER among centers last year...that's not good.

And he doesn't really anymore have a special skill-set that you could point to and say, he isn't an all-star but for select circumstances he is needed. He shouldn't be a playmaker from the high post anymore and his shooting ahs gone down-hill.

Basically, if we are stuck relying on Brad Miller for a lot of PT, we aren't going anywhere and I'd rather give Jordan Hill basically all of those minutes.

If it is just to "hold down the fort" while Yao gets up to speed, and one is concerned about Hill being able to "hold down the fort" in as effective a manner, it makes a little more sense, though I'd argue you might as well just keep using Chuck for that.

I am in the no need to bring in Miller camp. If he will sign for the vet's minimum, than fine...otherwise, pass.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW - It is only natural that he becomes a Rockets player as the guy who discovered this undrafted quality NBA center was none other than Rudy T, who coached a group of unknowns to a Bronze medal in the World Championships with....yep, you guessed it, Brad Miller as his center.

DD

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

If not, they should target Elton Brad maybe

20. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

If Camby didn't resign with Portland, I would prefer him. The defensive presence with rebounds/blocks would be great to have while Yao is on the bench. He'll be more expensive. We still need DEFENSE to make a run in the playoffs.