1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Jordan Quotes

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by VBG, Jun 28, 2010.

1. VBG

VBG Member

I think this is why he was the GOAT though.

2. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

but when kobe or lebron say it. alll hell brakes looose

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The Jordan Rules was a great book, entertaining (all of these quotes can be found in that book). I thought Sam Smith exaggerated at times, which didn't seem necessary for someone like Jordan.

4. amaru

amaru Member

LeTravel hasn't earned to right to say such things when he can't even win a title...but calls himself "The Chosen One" :rolleyes:

5. ChocWafer

ChocWafer Member

i think u meant LeBrenda ;)

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

lol wow. Some of those quotes are just wow. No way you could by with that stuff in today's media overloaded age.

Also, something interesting I never realized, Jordan won his first ring when he was 28 and won his last when he was 35. going off that, Kobe's got plenty of time to pass Jordan. So does LeBron for that matter, who's only 25.

Only difference is that the skill level of the NBA has undoubtedly risen since 10 years ago so it will definitely be harder.

7. showtang043

showtang043 Member

yea its funny everyone says kobe is not a leader and jordan would've handeled it differently so on and just burn him. Fact is many of their teammates say there will never be another MJ, but Kobe is the closest thing we got and its not even close. The media handed over the best player title to lebron years ago and say its not even close, this year after the first round they say kobe is not even arguably 2nd, ofcourse then he went onto average 33 the next round and 30 for the rest of the playoffs, but that sjust them, they are apparenty experts btu to be honest they are just like anyone on clutchfans but do it for a living.

nonetheless, these two guys(kobe and mj) were the hardest working and most dedicated to the craft, and they were the most demanding of themselves, so naturally they are most demanding of the people they hve to go battle with when they dedicate so much of their life to this game and to winning...even kobe for the game 6 in finals was like if I have to motivate these guys, then we don't belong to be here, were in the finals...well id rather have these two guys than lebron fames, yes i had to make the comparasion after reading so many hits on kobe about 'MJ would've handeled it differently because hes a true leader' so on..

8. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Skill level? so has the fouls and worse defense, now the league supports 1-1 play like never before, you could body up players in Jordan era all the way until pre 2004, the new 'lebron' rules the league instituted gives more leeaway to elite athleticism for 1-1 ball and inflates stats, pippen and jjackson have gone on record saying jordan in this league rules would average 50

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. VBG

VBG Member

Well, Lebron started his career when he was two years younger than Jordan.

Jordan won his first ring in his 7th season and Lebron just finished his 7th.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Um the skill level hasn't increased, there's been an increase in athleticism due mainly to increased supporting technologies.

As for the ages, it's not so much about the age as it is about years played, 100+ games a year to win a title takes its toll on anyone.

12. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

:grin:

But hey, on the upside

[​IMG]

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who else was in that draft again? 29 other GM's would have taken Kwame supposably...

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

this guy won rookie of the year he is having an all right career

[​IMG]

and this guy is looking to get max money in a week

[​IMG]

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Man... Michael does not like Perdue.

16. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

LOL, these are great. I hadn't read most of them so thanks for posting.

He didn't have much love for Stacey King or Will Purdue (sic), did he? :grin:

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Funny stuff. If you didn't know Jordan was a major A-hole then you're either under 25 years old or live in a fantasy world.

Having said that, the guy won rings and he did it by being the best player on the planet, the best player in the playoffs, the best player in the Finals and the best player in the 4th quarter practically every time he stepped on the court. Kobe and Lebron are the closest but they just don't match Jordan when it comes to the total package of wins, talent and clutchness.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yup. More so than Kobe. A lot more than Kobe.

I'd be a major a-hole too if I were as good as he was. He could afford to say anything about anyone.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol I'm guessing you visit insidehoops? The difference between kobe and jordan is that mj knew how to talk to the media. You never heard much about jordan's off court problems. He knew some questions were better left unanswered. Or better yet, the media knew better than to ask those questions. Jordan was that intimidating. Kobe, not so much. As much of an ass as Jordan was, he was still a media darling.

Jordan just knows how to deal with things much better than Kobe. When Kobe has a point to prove, he'll do it at the expense of the team. As long as he got his, win our loss didn't matter. When MJ had something to prove, he made sure his team winning was the ultimate statement.

For all the mean things he said and did towards teammates, he made them better on the court. Whether it was because they were scared to piss him off or whatever, he was doing something right. I'm not sure if you can say Kobe makes his teammates better because he already has better teammates.

1 person likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Quote:
    "You're an idiot. You've screwed up every play we ever ran. You're too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you." - Michael to Horace Grant

I bet Horace felt pretty good knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs in '95, largely because they lacked a low post presence without him.