1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Games You've Never Beaten...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JunkyardDwg, Jun 17, 2010.

1. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

On the oil rig jug stage on mw2 some of you guys are talking about....

me an my friend beat it and now can pretty much run through it....

on 2 players if one player dies he just gets put in last stand....so die on like the top of a stair case and block the jug from getting down while the other player sniped him from the distance.....

youll reach the helicopter pad at the top.....just put one claymore at the entrance to let you know the jug is coming.....the both player....(on seperate sides of the heli pad) just blast them as they enter......

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i cant remember if i beat contra without that code or not... hmmm

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I beat TMNT with one sliver of life left, with the other 3 turtles done for. It was pure luck.

Could never beat ninja gaiden 1.

4. a-rock

a-rock Member

battle toads (couldn't beat the freaking race level) and TMNT (only made into the "yellow room" inside the technodrome) come to mind. more recently, final fantasy XII - i just gave up on this one, because it was such a terrible game...

5. Mae

Mae Member

I was very happy when I got that one. I had been robbed of it twice before I got it. Only one I'm missing is the Killing Frenzy. I've actually gotten a frenzy multiple times in a ranked free for all living dead match, but because you get a Hell's Janitor instead of a Frenzy medal you don't get the achievement. Also got 9 in a row, but somebody ended it by sticking me. Really wish I had got that achievement early on when my opponents weren't that good.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Forgot my wife was signed in.

7. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

awesome topic...

Only one game I really cared to still finish was Psychonauts.
    Jesus that game was awesome but I never got to finish it cause my friend deleted the game from my computer by accident. I was actually almost done finishing it but damn him. I hope steam has it so i can purchase it and beat it finally.

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I couldnt get any of the effin horses into the stable on Zelda for Wii and quit after a weekend of screaming at the game system. Yeah, I know, thats like 5 minutes into the game.

I got to the 2nd to last level of Resistance: Fall of Man before my daughter started noticing what was on the screen and legitimately got scared of that game. I switched to more kid-friendly games after that. Not sure when I will ever finish RFOM....maybe when the kid is in jr high?

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Off the top of my head...

Bioshock
    Red dead redemption
    Far cry
    Assasins creed

I basically just stopped playing them. Weren't very addicting to me I guess.

10. Crudder

Crudder Member

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Extreme mode (or whatever the hardest one was called). Got all the way to fighting those damn metal gears with Raiden near the end and only had half a bar. I swear, I had to have killed like 15 of them but they never seemed to end and stray bullets always caught me.

11. Poloshirtbandit

I made it to the Olga fight before I finally gave up. They don't let you shoot out the spotlight like on other modes. :mad:

12. Crudder

Crudder Member

There were some parts that were straight up ridiculous and impossible without the extras. The orange wig really came in handy after a while.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The only one of those I beat was Assassin's Creed, I agree with the other 3, they all bored me so I never finished them

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Super Mario 3...but I am not giving up yet.

DD

15. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

The games that come to mind are Bioshock 1 and 2 and Dead Space. I got near the end of Bioshock 1, but my hard drive died and I never restarted. Bioshock 2 I got fairly recently and started, but didn't get far into it.

Dead Space is awesome, but I always get the **** scared out of me when I play it. It's kind of like the first time I played FEAR. I had my headphones halfway off or off completely because the ambient noise was creepy. I was just inching along trying not to get too freaked out and I eventually made it through FEAR. I just restarted Dead Space and am trying to finish it also.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Bioshock..that's a game that I was skeptical about but once I started playing I couldn't stop. The atmosphere, gameplay and story are just so engrossing. And some moments of that game were downright terrifying. The first time you had to take down a Big Daddy though, what a pain that was.

I'll add any Contra after the first one as well as Metal Slug.

Could never finish Colony Wars: Vengeance on the PS1 either.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Double Dragons on the original Gameboy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I was very surprised when a couple of years ago I found out that people thought Contra was that hard. Yes, I used to beat that game regularly without any codes. However, when I tried it on an emulator recently, I kept dying in level 4 or sooner :grin:

TMNT, Battletoads, Battletoads and Double Dragon are some of the games I never could beat. Then there's Doom, I never could figure out what to do in the room where an eye (if I remember correctly) shoots out enemies.

Out of the games I have beaten, the only game I can say I'm somewhat proud about is Captain Tsubasa 2 without losing a single game. That is, without leveling up. I had to play a lot of teams tens of times. Possibly even hundreds but I did it. No doubt logged hundreds (thousends?) of ours on that game as a kid. I still play it on an emulator occasionally with leveling up and while hard it's much more beatable. And much more enjoyable as well. Albeit less realistic (Japan winning the World Cup in soccer?).

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

First game ever that I finished was the original Mario Bro's on Nintendo.

others w/o cheats:

Doraemon (SNES)
    Rogue Spear (PC)
    Diablo 2 (PC)
    Super Mario--something (Gameboy Color)
    Star Wars: the force unleashed (Wii)
    Prince of Persia: sands of time (Wii)

Man I haven't finished a lot of games at all without using cheat codes. who has time to finish all those games anyways?

20. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

Same.

I guess I'm proud to have beaten:
    Mike Tyson's Punchout & TMNT