1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PS2 or XBox

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UTKaluman597, Aug 25, 2002.

1. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

Im having a hard time deciding which one to go for. I know you can get MOD chips for both but i dont know how to install it. Is there a place where I can take it to get the chip installed? Also which is better for sports games? Is NBA2k3 better on Xbox or PS2? Any help you guys can give is much appreciated. Thanks

2. red

red Contributing Member

ill tell you what i tell everybody...buy both you wuss...carry on.

3. Stevie Francis

he rod not everyone has the same income, some people can not afford that 2 systems.

4. drapg

drapg Member

yeah, buy them both.

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

NBA 2K2 is better on XBox, but the difference is little. As far as the systems, PS2 has a much larger library and a few more games coming out for it then XBox, but the XBox has better Visuals and Sound (Dolby Digital). Another advantage with Microsofts machine is you wont have to buy another memory card again, it comes with an 8 GB Hard Drive.

6. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

All I have to say is get the XBOX. It may not have that many games but some of them are the best games I've ever played and they are coming out with new ones all of the time now. Project Gotham Racing is FUN AS HELL. Too bad they are coming out with PGR 2 in about 2 yrs or so I think. Anyhoe get you an xbox it's the best!

7. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I just got the PS2, but that's only because a great deal of my favorite games are only on it. If all I played were sports games, with the occasional action game, I'd probably get an X-Box, since usually they are on both, but the X-Box usually has the better version. But there are several games that I like that will only be on the PS2, and not the X-Box.

JMO.

8. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I own both systems and if a game comes out for both platforms...I get the game for Xbox. It is a superior system.

That being said...my PS2 will get quite a workout when Grand Theft Auto : Vice City comes out in October. :)

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

about a month or 2 ago, it seemed like the x-box hit a slump but some really great games have come out for it lately. personally i think it's better than ps2 and if the games on both, like refman said, i get the x-box one everytime.

10. chewy

chewy Member

If you have to get one I'd go with the PS2. XBox has better graphics but PS2 has better games and a much larger library to choose from.

11. RedShadow

RedShadow Member

yea ive been wanting a ps2 for alon time. rc cola has been messing with me about not having one, and its making me mad. i really need a ps2. i want one because all the good games are on the PS2 and its just a better system alogether.

12. RC Cola

Man, I've never realized how bad you are at spelling. You are really bad! :D

How do you know, anyways? You've only played a few games on each system, as far as I know. But, I don't really care because I like it too. :p

13. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I have had both. XBOX is better.

PS2 has more games right now, but XBOX will catch up.

XBOX - better hardware and the games just look better on this console.

my 2 cents...

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I also have both yet I am much happier with the games on my PS2. I have to admit that Halo was awesome but MGS2, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil not available on Xbox.

3 more days til online Madden!!!

15. red

red Contributing Member

i pose this question...among the 3 consoles which one does nfl2k3 look best on?

16. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Looks? I say XBox.

Pretty much any game out there that are on all three systems, Xbox 9 times out of 10, comes out on top. Even on IGN, they compared Tony Hawk 3, some Bond game, and a few others and Xbox was the best at almost all of them.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I forgot to mention that at E3, Microsoft mentioned that there are about 300 Xbox titles currently in development. Sounds like there's gonna be a Christmas blitz.

18. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

one word: dreamcast.

greatest system ever.

free games.

tennis 2k2, nfl 2k2, nhl 2k2, nba 2k2.

nuff said.

19. RC Cola

Looks aren't everything. Take NBA Live 2002. Looks great, plays bad.

But maybe I prefer the PS2 because I like RPG's. If, say Final Fantasy switched over to the X-Box, I'd probably get one. IMO, the PS2 is a RPG fan's dream. Some of my favorites have been on the PS1 or PS2, which technically is on the same system: FF7,8,9,10, Xenogears,LoG,Dark Cloud and many others. I think I only saw one preview of a possibly good RPG on the X-Box, but I don't even think its out yet.(Oh, forgot about Morrowind, but I got the PC version, which I think is better.) But there are about 4 or 5 RPGs coming out to the PS2 soon.

Also something I hinted out earlier is the ability to play PSX games. This past summer, I was pretty bored. I didn't have any interest in the games available But I did have an interest in an old game I played, but wanted to play again. Didn't have my PSX anymore, but I got the game and was able to play it on the PS2. Great game, btw. (Xenogears.)

This is just my opinion, though. Since Sports are also on it, along with the RPGs, I'm happy. But I guess the non-RPG guys that just play action/sports games would want the X-Box. (which sort of makes since.)