1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6/14 Yao still favoring foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman81, Jun 16, 2010.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Hmmm let's see... How I see it is Yao is uhhh....

Awwwww Hell who am I fooling...

I got nothing....

[​IMG]

2. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

To me it kind of looks like hes using his left knee to keep the door on is jeep from closing all the way as he's reaching for the pump...

3. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Are you joking? Look at him! It's clear he is hurting. Being a Yao fan is so hard!

4. roxwin

roxwin Member

Why you have to label someone? Ok,he is hurting,you happy now?

5. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

uote:
    Originally Posted by fredv
    Ah man this really really sucks... Season starts in 3 months and he still is like this? damnit

he is on track with his progression......

93-94 Olajuwon and Drexler
    94-95 Olajuwon and Drexler
    10-11 Yao and Martin?

Add a defending, outside shooting PF and were set.

I believe the championship of 93-94 was Olajuwon and Thorpe, then 94-95 was Olajuwon and Drexler....

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yao is fooling us all, he leaked out the limp, so China can forget about him this summer :)

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How could you tell he was favoring one foot?

Whenever I wait for the bus, I don't always stand completely straight. In fact, I lean on one leg (putting all the pressure on one leg). It's a habit, not really an issue.

8. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I wouldn't count on Yao to lead this team over the top next season just because none of us don't know his status yet. A majority of the people on this GARM has already put Yao down for 20 and 10. I don't even know whether he would start or not.

My point is very simple. The Rockets need a new superstar on this team or they're not going anywhere far. It doesn't matter if we have a pretty good team with Yao Ming leading them, the Rockets just don't have enough star power to take them over the top. Yao is a good player when he's healthy but he will always be a risk factor. Plus Yao Ming alone isn't good enough to lead this team far.

For example, look at Pau Gasol. He is just as good as Yao but with a higher IQ, more mobile, better passer and a better rebounder but he is a 2nd option. If Pau was the best player on the Lakers, they wouldn't be holding that trophy last night, or even making it to the finals.

Like Orlando, Dwight Howard is the best Center in the NBA today and best player on his team. That's why they will never be true contenders like the Lakers or Celtics. In order for the Rockets to be true contenders, Yao Ming must not be the best player but 2nd or 3rd option if he comes back healthy and picked up where he left off. Until then, the Rockets will never be considered a contender but a playoff team.

I just don't think Houston should pass up on young superstar potential just to get supporting cast for Yao Ming. Bosh is a good player also but he isn't 1st option material. Like Yao and Gasol, Bosh is better as 2nd option. So the longer Yao is the Rockets 1st option and best player, Houston will never hang another banner in Toyota Center.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This post is written as If directed at 5 year olds... I :grin:

10. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

just because people lean on one leg doesnt mean they lift the other foot to where only their toes are touching are touching the ground. If I saw anybody standing like that, I would automatically assume that their foot is hurting. Horses are the only thing that I know that stands like that. Yao is far from being a horse.

11. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

And herein lies the problem with citizen journalism. Sure, there's a pic of Yao at a gas station, which is awesome. But then there is the vague notion that he may be favoring his foot followed by the rampant speculation of what is wrong and the idiotic conclusion by some that the Rockets are in trouble.

Alternate theory:

Yao's foot has been severed and re-attached by aliens in some bizarre experiment to determine what makes human feet work since we know all aliens have no feet. DUH! Once the aliens are discovered by the secret government organization that monitors such things, Yao's foot will be returned to normal, his memory wiped and all will be right with the world.

See how easy that is.

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Yao just tweeted,

"I watched Game 7 last night. Unbelievable series. I am happy for Ron having a great year. Hopefully next year it will be us in Houston."

Good to hear from the big guy and its nice to hear that he is hungry for a championship next year.

http://twitter.com/YaoMing

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I thought most of the members are only 5 years of age!! :p :p

14. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Any five-year-old who can write like them must be considered a genius, just saying. ;)

15. Asian Sensation

Annual salary? $16+ Million
    Total earnings with endorsements/ads/commercials? $100+ Million
    Pumping your own gas? Priceless

That picture caught my attention because we don't/can't pump our own gas in OR.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yao Ming wants Ron back in Houston!!

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

You must have lost the memo that said Rockets arent getting Lebron.

18. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

You guys are silly. Yao fooled your asses. I learned through some anonymous back channels that Yao is going to be on Dancing with the Stars soon. He was practicing his Salsa dancing at the gas station. He will do the show to get Rockets more pub, and show the nba he is back and get Houston back on the map.

19. firezh

firezh Member

His left foot was resting on a step and holding the door open for the cool air from inside the car.

Why dont u say he was also yelling with pain, as we can see his mouth was open?

20. Homey the Clown

All this over a damn picture.