1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.Com/Givoney]: Coming attractions? Teams waiting on draft picks playing overseas

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by BimaThug, Jun 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if there is any realistic chance of getting Runaway Bride's rights from Orlando and bring him to the NBA. I am guessing Orlando isn't pursuing him because they already have Howard at the max and the Polish Hammer costing them the MLE and the two of them taking up all the C minutes, but the Rockets sure can use him.

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

It's probably not worth it. Fran Vasquez has basically shunned the NBA, period. It sucks that the Magic didn't do enough due diligence on this issue with him prior to taking him in the lottery. He's a great player, and I'm sure they've taking their shot at him in the past.

He's definitely an NBA-ready big, but he has no reason (in his mind) to leave Spain to go make less money across the ocean in a country in which he's not comfortable living.

On a related note, I'm hoping that the people who bashed Nikola Pekovic in that trade rumor thread actually read this article. It would be good for them to see how he's more than just "some second rounder" and is actually a highly coveted prospect.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I agree. But if by some chance Franny V will take say, the MLE to NBA, and Orlando is all filled out at the C spot, I'd definitely think about trying to get him. He probably isn't thinking about NBA now, but things might change.

Absolutely.

Ignorant people speak out of ignorance.

5. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

Isn't he still bound to the first round pick salary scale?

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good find, Bima -- thanks for posting.

The article says:

That would lead me to believe that you're not bound by the rookie scale after three years.