1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who will be the better shot blocker?Griffin or Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevie Francis, Aug 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Stevie Francis

Reall i used to think that griff would be the among the top all time shot blockers for the rockets if he stays here. But yao is blocking and astonishing amount of shot too. I have too say that i think ming will lead the league in blocked shot, and if griffin starts he will be 6 in blocked shot.

Guesses of the Stats in blk this year from our best shot blockers..

Ming- 4.8
    Griff-3.3
    Cato- 2.0
    collier- 0 he will be on injured reserve.:D
    Kt- 1.6
    Mo- 1.0
    cat .7

Would that lead the league in mist blocks for 1 team? It could happen. I mean at one point griffin pulled us from 29th, to 17 in blocked shot last year. 1 man did this, just imagine 2.We will also be one of the top defensive teams next year too. i hope

Thats all just sharing my thoughts.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I don't know who will be better, but I don't think I'm going to far out on a limb when I say the Rockets will block more shots than any team in the entire NBA.

3. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

Yao of course!

4. MONON

MONON Member

In responce to the thread title, I think Ming will be the better of the two. That being said, who cares which one is better when 2 of the top 5 shot blockers in the NBA are starters for the Rockets!!!:D

5. chewy

chewy Member

Yao will get more blocks (possibly a lot more) but I think Eddie has better shot blocking skills considering he's 7 inches shorter.

6. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I think that Yao will get more bpg because of his size while Griff is through and through a natural shot blocker with athleticism. As they say however in the NBA size always wins in the post.

#6 jevjnd, Aug 23, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2002