1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are the Rockets working out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, May 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. jogo

jogo Member

In past years, you could go to draftexpress or nbadraft.net and find out who a team has been working out. That doesn't seem to work now. Does anyone know who the Rockets have officially worked out?

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

because it's too early for all the real workouts to happen...the season isnt even over yet.

3. jogo

jogo Member

I now they're already working out players. See http://www.draftexpress.com/twitter.php.

"James Anderson strained his hamstring in a workout in Houston today, his agent Andy Miller informs us. Will be out for a week to ten days."

I just don't understand why we don't have a list of these players.

4. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

The Rockets (and many other teams) really don't want the list of players they work out to become public. It basically gives away the players they are looking at, especially those who come in late or for second workouts. For example, one of the very few players who draftexpress.com reported worked out for the Rockets multiple times was . . . you guessed it . . . Jermaine Taylor, the guy on which the Rockets ended up using their first purchased pick. I would guess that Morey wants to keep that information as hush-hush as possible.

Frankly, if it helps the Rockets manage the draft as best possible, I'll sacrifice that pre-draft knowledge for the sake of the team.

5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

James Anderson is a Morey style player, gets to the line A TON!!!

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Paul George worked out for the Rockets, from his twitter:

8. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

nice!!! i definetly want Paul george here! :) sweet

9. cxwcxw

cxwcxw Contributing Member

Paul George vs. James Anderson Bulls did a similar workout early this month and George was the absolute best. I think Rockets could pair the following players in the upcoming private workout.

Hassan Whiteside vs. Daniel Orton
    Larry Sanders vs. Solomon Alabi
    Xavier Henry vs. Dominique Jones
    Gordon Hayward vs. Luke Babbitt
    Damion James vs. Stanley Robinson
    Avery Bradley vs. Terrico White
    Quincy Pondexter vs. Gani Lawal

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Patrick Patterson was spotted at the Ninfa's on Navigation by my buddy Friday night.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Patterson did work out with the Rockets yesterday.

12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Marqus Blakely, Courtney Fortson, Bryan Davis, Manny Harris, JaJuan Johnson, Kelvin Lewis, Demetri McCamey, Latavious Williams, Jeremy Wise, Jeremy Evans.

From hoopshype.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I believe Marqus Blakely is getting a second workout with the Rockets. They were impressed the first time around.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO, either George or Anderson will be a Rocket come June 25th. ;)

15. Stilldream'n34

Omar Samhan tweeted about working out in Houston earlier today

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

YESS!! One of my predicted picks. Only needs to get stronger.

17. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

In the good ol' days the Rockets would let the media know who and when they were working out. We were allowed to come down to the old practice facility (Westside Tennis Center) and get a few minutes of video and interview the players. They wouldn't let us shoot the entire workout, just enough to show a little bit for our sportscasts. I can remember seeing and interviewing Amare Stoudemire as if it were yesterday. I was there the day Boki went crazy knocking down shot after shot and the Rockets fell in love with him.

I'm still not sure why they don't allow this anymore. To me it keeps the Rockets relevant in the off-season. Right now they get little if any mention on the news because there is nothing to report. I think it would be good PR for the team and keep the fans interested. Last I checked season tickets are still available. I've been told they don't want other teams knowing who they are working about, but I have a hard time believing that's the real reason because most teams would probably work out the same guys anyway. Most of this started when Van Gundy took over.

18. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I think its Morey's plan to not tip his hand.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, Blakely's second workout is scheduled for June 15th.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Possible powerwing and NCAA dunk contest winner.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marqus-Blakely-5312/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/itQRvRsK7Eo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/itQRvRsK7Eo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>