1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Joe Johnson will discuss free agency together

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by houstonhoya, May 27, 2010.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

looks like bosh is going to join their meeting..

lock if already posted

2. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

Did you have a link?

3. houstonhoya

4. pople

pople Member

what if they all decided to take huge pay cuts and play together. Imagine the team. The only thing they'd be missing is a center. Hmmm.....Yao?

5. houstonhoya

yea i wonder if this is good or bad news for the rockets.. james and bosh were going to talk inevitably, but i'm surprised that they've made this so public, so early, with wade and johnson as well.

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

And there goes any chance of getting Bosh.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. houstonhoya

yea good call.. but could you really imagine all 4 of them getting together like this? it'd be interesting to see how much leverage this gets them over the NBA's GMs this summer.

and honestly, if they all agree and its amicable, this kind of meeting between the 4 best FAs out there would probably shape the NBA landscape for years to come. its in their hands right now.

9. 757

757 Member

I don't really see this as too much of a threat to our chances of landing Bosh. Of course nothing is set in stone, but it's hard to believe that any of those players will take a significant pay cut. Furthermore, they all want to win. Even if two of them land in the same place, like NY or NJ, it'll take them a while to make that team a legitimate contender. What they're doing is smart, they should consider all options before making a choice. However, IMO, (and of course I'm a bit biased :p ), if Bosh wants to win any time soon, he'll push for a S&T to the Rockets.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

I remember a sport illustrated guy writing about how if Lebron would sign for the veteran's miniuim it would be perfect, he'd get to play with Bosh AND Wade, he would make up alot of his money in endorsements, which he'd get even more because he'd be so well loved in these tough economic times where CEOs are robbing their companies for big bonuses, I thought the author was a genuis. I don't know if I'd want Bosh, Lebron ANDWade here we'd get tons of rings sure, but we'd win or blow out just about every other team, it wouldn't be fun to watch

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

morey should convince them to have their meeting in Houston. then he can mind rape them all at the same time.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

And a point guard. Johnson and Wade play the same position.

13. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sorry, they will be meeting at Nick Fury's house. Or perhaps at the great hall of the Justice League of America.

14. Classic

Classic Member

I'm past these guys at this point. Give me Al Jefferson, Rubio & let's sign Brad Miller.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

Who cares. None of them will take less than the max(except maybe JJ if his stock really took a hit). There's too much ego involved. Imagine the legacy if Bosh went to Chicago for less than max with Lebron. He'd forever be known as the guy who can't do jack unless he rode Lebron/Rose's coattails.

The pressure would also be too great. I mean, if you thought Lebron is getting way too much "no championship" flack now. If he delivers anything less than a championship in NY with another max guy, he'd go down in history as a glorified T-Mac.

16. houstonhoya

Sure, they won't all end up on the same team, much less 3 of em on one team. But i think this is especially relevant for Bosh because he is the only post presence out of the 4, meaning in all likelihood he will want to pair up with one of them, making the rockets chances of getting him slimmer no?

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

The most likely thing it would seem to come out of this would be Wade convincing Bosh to come to Miami. I don't see Wade leaving, and I don't see him teaming up with Lebron or Joe Johnson.

Or maybe Lebron and Wade will get into a competition to recruit Bosh to where they go- but who else can afford to pay two max free agents other than Miami and New York (even through S&T)? IMO Lebron to NY is a pipe dream, so there goes that option.

18. redao

redao Member

Knicks will get 2 of them.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

WTF is this, The Avengers?

1 person likes this.
  20. jedicro

jedicro Member

Agreed...except for Brad Miller. We could probably do better than that, though he's not a terrible option.