1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P90X

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by <3myrockets, Dec 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I went for about 70 days, then had to stop for various reasons for about 3 weeks, and picked it back up to finish the rest of the 20 days. This was back in August, so I finished in September, and had really good results. This program is fantastic, but I can't say I'd be motivated to ever do it again for a second round. I enjoy being able to relax on any given night and not have to feel like I'm committed to something every single day. I enjoy working out and playing basketball, but when it's on my own time....to me, going to the gym 3 times a week is sufficient.

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

I did p90x and got pretty good results from it. Got pretty lean and lost couple pounds. Im going to try out Insanity now. :cool:

3. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I'm on Day 28 of 55 of Insanity. So far, I've gained considerable muscle in my arms & legs, and my midsection is slowly slimming down. No matter how many times I do it, I still feel like passing out by the end. Good luck!

4. Rae

Rae Member

P90X leaned me out pretty good, didnt really build much strength though. I'm trying to put on a few pounds of muscle at this point and P90x is definitely not the program to do that...

5. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Add more weight to your workouts.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Trust me, if you increase the weights, you will gain muscle. After about a week or two of doing the regular program, I would do the same exercises but at the gym with weights that made me feel like I was tearing my muscles up.

7. Rae

Rae Member

It's not nearly as efficient as heavy set reps with barbells. I did increase weight and also ran through the entire program. Strength gains were minimal outside of pull ups (which I loved).

I'm getting a lot better results following a traditional 5x5 compound routine in the gym and supplementing cardio a couple days a week.

Plus, I could quote entire workouts at the end of the program and working out in the living room just gets a bit boring.

8. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Yeah, the P90X kicked my ass. This stuff really works.. as long as you're committed and disciplined to doing and following the workout programs you should get good results.

9. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Oh, I was talking about the Insanity Workout by Shaun T, but really, if you work out for 60-90 days straight and watch what you're eating, how could anyone not get in shape?

http://www.extremefitnessresults.com/insanity.html

10. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Question for anyone who's done P90x.

I want to do it, but here's my only concern:

I can't do it at home. I live in New York and my apartment is super-small. There's no space, and even if there was, the noise and jumping would piss off neighbors/landlords.

So here's what I'm thinking: ripping the DVDs to iPhone and doing it at gym.

Would that work? Would it be possible to do the exercises while watching the little iPhone screen? (Or maybe I peek at it from time to time and then listen to audio when it's in my pocket?)

Thanks in advance--

11. rezdawg

That might work...the workouts that include the weight training, I did those at the gym anyways. I would watch the videos at home, write the workouts on a piece of paper, and then head to the gym.

The cardio ones were tougher to write down, so you may need to watch them on your iphone.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Halfway done with the "Lean" version. Finished day 45 last night. Weighed myself this morning and i have lost 14 pounds and 3 inches in my waist. My legs are the most ripped they have ever been. I still got a beer gut, but it is starting to develop some definition (Ab Ripper X is a nightmare...it works, but it is insane).

After I finish "Lean" I am going to take a couple of weeks off and start "Classic" to build some muscle. Just wanted to start with "Lean" to drop the initial weight. Looking like a good choice thus far.

I would recommend this workout to ANYONE. I'm 31, have a clinically diagnosed back problem and a bum right knee and I am still able to do it. So there should be no excuses if you have the money to get the program. If my fat ass could do it, so can you.

13. rezdawg

Nice job...Im always surprised when people say this doesnt work...I mean, how could it not work? It kicks your ass. The Ab Ripper X is brutal. I need to get back on that, thanks for the reminder.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I have a buddy who bought a compact DVD player to do the Insane workout at the gym. Says it works well.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Congrats, man. Bum knee sounds bad, but not as bad as the one legged guy that just kept going in the plyo disc.

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I agree. If you are doing it even close to correctly and not missing a day, there is no way it wouldn't work. Unless you're just downing a 6 pack of Guinness and a Large Pizza every day. Even then, it might balance out.

It works.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Wow, just watching the infomercial on Insanity made me sore. That's for like professional athletes or something...

18. matrixReloaded

Going on the 5th week of the program. For the first 4 weeks, I was on the lean version now I switched over to the classic version. Overall, I noticed that I am a bit lean, but my gut is still there, though my pants fit a bit looser. A majority of the exercises are bearable, but the Plyometrics is a @ss-kicker!!!! :eek: :eek:

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Yeah, he's a triathlete, so he's at a different level than most of us schlubs.

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm on like day 30 and have lost about 8 lbs and 3-4% body fat. Not as serious as some others though. I don't do the ab ripper and slack a lot on the yoga and have missed a couple of days total.

Definitely works. Dreading doing it in about an hour. :(