1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[tv] Community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Sep 17, 2009.

1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

we watch both of these! how do they decipher who watches what now with DVR. just curious.....since we technically never watch a show while it is aired, how do they know we watch it?

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's still based on Nielsen ratings (a sample taken across the country through meters attached to TV's or tv "diaries"). As far as I know it doesn't account for DVR viewings, though they might have amended it so that people keeping diaries for Nielsen can write in what show they watched on DVR.

I gave Community a few episodes at the beginning and it never really hooked me. I didn't dislike it but couldn't get into it...same with Parks and Rec (though I do watch that occasionally if I'm not doing anything). I do record and watch Big Bang Theory when I have time to kill, but it is far from my favorite...mainly I'm just a sucker for Haley Cucuo or however you spell her name ;)

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Nielson does track DVR usage and factor it into their ratings. There are new standards called "Live+Same Day" and "Live+7 days" where they track all the live viewers and DVR viewers who watch within a certain time period.

4. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i really hate this show, my only reason... joel mchale... this guy made fun of people on the soup for years... i just cant bring myself to enjoy anything he does

5. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Yeah I agree the Annie and Jeff thing on the season finale totally threw me off, not really sure what to think of it... didn't expect that at all.

6. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member