1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are some things that you don't "get" that everyone else seems to?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, May 19, 2010.

1. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

The Lovely Bones
    The Blue Tooth headset as a wardrobe item
    Madea
    Really???
    Weed
    Greys Anatomy
    Gaga
    ...etc.

2. Dei

Dei Member

blowing bubblegum :(

3. droxford

droxford Member

Illegal Immigration is okay.

I don't get it. It's not okay.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Reality TV.

Seriously.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

As an aging past my prime curmudgeon, there's a lot of things in culture thats over my head now.

I understand being edgy. I dont get the tattoo craze on women. No one else objects so I'm forced to go with it.

6. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

-Sarah Palin.
    -Ed Hardy shirts.
    -The media love affair with the NY Jets or the ex Florida QB.
    -People who get outraged over things in the country and give nothing back to it.
    -Guys with earrings.
    -In & Out Burger.
    -Los Angeles.
    -Twilight.
    -The dwarf planet Pluto. :grin:
    -The metric system.
    -Britney Spears.
    -Booty. Although this is taking the question another way. Stupid drought. :mad: :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

This is only the best and most delcious piece of fastfood burger you can eat.

Mandatory In and Out picture..

[​IMG]

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Laid.

1 person likes this.
  9. tomjc

tomjc Member

it's not about "new illegal immigration".. it's about taking families in truckloads and sending them back to mexico.

it's the idea about "what's done is done" let's "look to the future".

would you give your government control back to the Natives? Does the fact that the illegal seizure of the land of "America" is "more acceptable" because it happened "a longer time ago"?

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I don't get why someone needs to drink to be able to have a good time?

11. tomjc

tomjc Member

people like "real" reality TV ie. survivor, amazing race

because of the "authenticity" of the shows. if a contestant breaks his arm, it "feels" and "connects" to you. If a character on a TV show gets punched in the face you wouldn't feel much of anything. Snookie on the other hand... get my point?

12. tomjc

tomjc Member

this is called a "habit", cigarette smokers have it, alcoholics have it, list goes on...

13. tomjc

tomjc Member

this one falls under the category of "self expression", other objects belonging to this basket include dyeing the hair, ear/nose/tongue piercing, gelling the hair, cutting the hair short in the case of women, etc... if everyone wore a tattoo you wouldn't think much.. in the case of ie. bombshell mcgee you do a double take because it's a case towards the extreme. That's an example of everything in life, if taken to the extreme you have a comment like yours.

Back then spanking was the norm, now it is illegal.

14. tomjc

tomjc Member

Sarah Palin: on the most part, it feels like she's an authentic person... it doesn't mean she's brighter than the average academic... but feels like a person who could give a straighter answer than most politicians. I have no beef with Palin, think of the political world we live in for someone of her stature to be a national icon.

football: not well hearsed in this area, you talking about Favre and Marino? Media publishes things YOU want to consume. So ask yourself why you're fascinated with these figures... a story? personality?

outraged cynics: if you lived in a world where in order to benefit yourself you needed to tear someone else down, would you willingly give up your possessions? this has to do with leadership, not in an individual person ie. Obama, but a group of powerful citizens across groups.

Twighlight: you ever liked save by the bell? or 90210? baywatch? probably forgotten your youth huh? try to relate

15. WillG

WillG Member

Whats not to get? In about 2 years hopefully I will be out of Houston and living in LA. Everything is too spread out in Houston, humid weather, and chemical plants all over the place.

16. tomjc

tomjc Member

an excuse to do something you wouldn't do normally.
    let's say you wanted to ask a girl out... normally if you did it and got rejected, you may take it personally... she doesn't like YOU. if you do it while you're drunk, you can tell yourself the next day you never wanted to talk to her in the first place it was the alcohol. it's like a "dual personality", you reap the benefits but you don't feel like you internalize the consequences.

17. WillG

WillG Member

Oh and one thing I dont get is why Football is so popular. Ive tried watching it many times but its just to slow paced for my tastes and yes I understand the game. 5 seconds of action (If lucky) then 45 seconds or so break then another 5 seconds of action.

1 person likes this.
  18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Wacka Flocka Flame
    Gucci Mane
    Soulja Boy
    Bow Wow
    Any other crapper
    Justin Beeber
    Reality stars

19. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

your mom :grin:

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Sarah Palin
    FPS games - If I wanted to pretend to shoot someone, I would play paint ball.