1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pic of Yao working out at the Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ramathorn006, May 7, 2010.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

Don't a lot of players have their own personal mini gym in their homes? I assume Yao would have one.

1 person likes this.
  2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

But in the toyota center they have the rockets trainers, and I suppose they have more things there than in their houses.

3. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

im sure it's like anything else. nobody wants to bring their work home. toyota center is his office.

4. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

It was not just Hayes. It was Tim Thomas and Hayes, more than 400lbs ramming into his knee. It was a miracle only a fracture.

5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Yeah they live Sugar Land. I happened to be in SA once when the rockets were there and met the whole team. Scola's whole family (parents, wife, kids,) was there and he brings them everywhere.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Taylor, outside of the self-praising interview when he was just drafted, has been a soft-spoken, humble guy in front of the camera. It's too bad our 1-3 spots are absolutely stocked. Taylor's looked decent in his limited minutes.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i thought he lived in Pearland?

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why are there no pics of Yao passing?

Anyways, glad to see the big fella making progress, and at least working out his upper body.

9. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

So would I, Viva La Rox ! :)

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah bro check out Ron Artest's personal gym. :grin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdHriEgEuEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdHriEgEuEE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

11. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

God will see Yao's work ethic and his desire.
    Yao is coming back,
    so is the RING.

12. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

Yao as of last week was 40 pounds over weight. He is being put on a strict diet, and all he can do right now is toe raises and free throws.

13. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Do you know what their target weight for him is? In my opinion he would be better served playing at closer to 296lb when came into the league. Like 300lb tops. He would get alittle more of his quickness on his moves back and be a little more nimble.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If the camera man would have panned over, you would have seen Lowry doing the same exercise with the same weight. Is Yao weak or is Lowry a superman, I'll go with the latter.

15. bulk

bulk Member

Gread news. But there's a side affect that a lot of Y O F will be back too. ;)

Like me.

16. mario713

mario713 Rookie

maybe and matbe not, i hear its harder for ppl with longer arms to bench vs the person with shorter arms. thats why u see alot of swole short ppl at the gym.

17. Garner

Garner Member

I'm pretty sure he is only lifting 45lbs on each side. However, I wouldn't look too much into the weight. You don't know if he just got to legs, or is doing pyramids, or is really only at that point in his recovery -- light weight.

Regardless, Lowry could do well over that, as I'm sure most people on clutchfans could.

18. dram1

dram1 Member

I hate those behind the neck squats. It's too easy to pinch a nerve or tear one of those finicky neck muscles. But if done correctly they are effective in strengthening the low region but more importantly promoting balance improvement...and we all know how important balance is to "Two Left Feet Yao".

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

source? I find that hard to believe...

20. amaru

amaru Member

Yao is coming back from a major injury. 135 is more than enough at this point.

Lowry can easily do that weight.....as could anybody who spends the least bit of time in the gym. I've seen women rep that weight 6-8 times.