1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you guys do this? Jay Williams for Steve Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cipherous, Aug 17, 2002.

1. jams3y

jams3y Member

i think jwill will be better than francis in a few years, but not by much, and it'd be stupid to risk it cus then again he might not . . . plus he's not as exciting as francis =D

2. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

I'd take Francis over Jay Williams anyday, but I'd say Jay has a better outside shot than Francis. He was a terrific three point shooter at Duke when he didn't ill-advisedly jack them up. Once he gets used to NBA 3-point range, he should be terrific (many of his 3-pointers in college were beyond NBA 3-point range anyways). About the only other thing Jay has on Stevie is probably quickness (maybe leadership as well), and thus a bit better ability to get in the lane. But once in the lane, Jay lacks that out of this world athleticism that Francis has to jump over and dunk on defenders. Francis has a much higher ceiling than Jay, much of that due to Francis' amazing athleticism.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

4. leehoang

leehoang Member

NO

i wouldn't do it, stevie is the much better player, and in two or

three years jay williams will still suck, and as for right now

he's just a little kid who actually thinks he can make his team

win.

which i'll be suprised if the bulls win 30 games this year.

5. HaYnBoi

HaYnBoi Member

6. stopie

stopie Member

I would do it in a heartbeat!

7. knifejc

knifejc Member

You have got to be kidding. No way i make a trade like that

8. Panda

Panda Member

Unless one expects JW will average more than Francis, say along the line of 25, 10 and 7 after 3 years, which is unlikely, the risk involved makes that trade of no sense..

In a nutshell, no.

#28 Panda, Aug 17, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2002
  9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why are you a Rockets fan now? Do you like any of our players?

10. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

You should be shot for creating such a thread!:mad:

11. Sane

Sane Member

The funny thing is, if you ask a Bulls fan what they hope J-Will will become, they'll tell you either Francis or Baron Davis.

I think not having a full season of Francis has really affected some fans. Wait till he tears it up this season.

12. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

As the great Dana Carvey said: Not gonna do it!

13. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

No, thank you.

Like Sane said, the Bulls would be happy if Williams turned into a Francis/Davis type of guy by the end of his third season. Why trade for the rookie when you already have the real deal(Ask the Bulls...Chandler-Brand)?

lol.

Seriously Kidrock, is there anything positive about the Rockets? Anything? Half of your posts are about how Francis < Davis, Miller, Nash, etc...

14. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Like I said, Kidrock should move to LA and bug Shaq and the boys to death, Im tired of all the fans who hate our team, noone asked them to be fans, its your choice

15. jams3y

jams3y Member

lol call him objective . . . not so caught up being a homer as to be blinded by it . . . so what if he doesn't lick their balls at every given opportunity . . . his "hate" prolly stems from having to bring you guys back down from your ill-conspired fantasies ( eg everyone else sucks, rockets players are the best &c ) . . . perhaps if everyone didn't say things like cuttino is better than kobe, he wouldn't have to say why cuttino sucks in comparison to kobe, making you think he "hates" them . . . just a thought

16. jams3y

jams3y Member

blah @ all this rocket pride crap, liking them just cus you live here . . . makes me sick, reminds me of all the bandwagon patriots after nine eleven who only like our country cus we got roughed . . . if you like the rockets that's cool, but i think it's stupid to like them just b/c you happen to live here . . . i like the rockets as a team, but that's not gonna get in the way of any discussion . . . just like it doesn't w/ the other teams and players i like . . . come on kids

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I only read this thread because it was extended to 2 pages. I thought maybe someone who was really stupid was actually arguing that we should do this trade. But I read it and pretty much everybody agrees not to do it. I'm impressed, but also sad I could not argue. :(

Also surpised Kidrock8 didn't want to trade Francis for J-Will,straight up. Maybe he really does like the Rockets? :confused:

Ok, he probably doesn't. :)

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Most of us dont claim that all Rockets players are the best at their respective positions.

-I think Francis is a top five pg and no one can argue that.
    -Mobley is in the top 10 at the two position.
    -Griffin and Ming have potential

Is that so freakin hard to believe. Its better then being negative and pessimistic about every single freakin thing about the Rockets. I mean Good God, if you hate em that much then dont follow them.

The Laker bandwagon can always use some more people.

19. Stevie Francis

i know Sf is better just based upon the summer league games that i watched j will play

20. Kenogu

Kenogu Member

Steve for Jay? Yea, right, you've got to be kiddin. I'll stick with the Franchise.