1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS IN PUBLIC?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JasonDurbin32, Aug 17, 2002.

1. JasonDurbin32

JasonDurbin32 Member

HAS ANYONE SEEN ANY ROCKETS IN PUBLIC LIKE AT A MALL OR ANY RESTURANT I HAV E NEVER SEEN ANYBODY EXCEPT AT BASKETBALL GAMES.IN STEVE FRANCIS'S ROOKIE YEAR HE WAS AT A SAN JACINTO COLLEGE BASKETBALL GAME AND AFTER THE GAME HE WENT TO THE LOCKER ROOM.I HAPPENED TO KNOW THE COACHES SON VERY WELL,AND I WAS ABLE TO GO BACK THERE AND I GOT STEVE FRANCIS AND CUTTINO MOBLEY'S AUTOGRAPH BUT THAT WAS IT THATS THE ONLY TIME IVE SEEN ANY ROCKET IN PUBLIC. ANYBODY SEEN ANY OTHER ROCKETS IN PUBLIC?

2. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

If you look around......every other thread in the forum is about a Rocket player sighting.

3. red

red Contributing Member

jason...word of advise...lose the all caps...

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Red what is wrong about using all Caps?

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Using ALL CAPS means shouting, in internet ettiquete language.

DD

6. aznlincolnpark

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

not only that, but it's also easier on the eyes when reading...

8. leehoang

leehoang Member

i've seen stevie one time at the galleria, he was with some

of his buddies, and they were walking into versace.

i was kinda shocked and nervous to get a autograph.

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I saw Brent Price at Houston's Restaurant on Kirby near 59. He was eating with an older couple-maybe his mom and dad?

I saw Otis Thorpe at the House of Pies on Westhiemer in '92-late at night.He was eating a massive breakfast..

I saw Pig Miller at Mr. Car Wash on Kirby between Alabama and Richmond.

Doing things we do everyday.......

10. brocktoon

brocktoon Contributing Member

I once saw Hakeem at the dentist...I waited for him in the lobby and got his autograph. It was my first stalking experience.

I saw Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell at the Blackeyed Pea one time. He was picking up food to-go. He was tall.

I saw Calvin Murphy at Planet Music (when that still existed). I got his autograph and he signed it, "Calvin Murphy, #23, Hall of Fame". I think it was very soon after he was inducted, so he must have gotten a kick out of writing that down.

Of course, I don't have pictures of any of these guys to prove it, so it pretty much never really happened.