1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would you give the MLE too?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, May 8, 2010.

Tags:
?

What MLE guy do you want?

1. Brendan Haywood

196 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Mike Miller

76 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Ray Allen

170 vote(s)
    41.1%
  4. Kyle Korver

47 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Raymond Felton

27 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Udonis Haslem

38 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. Matt Barnes

27 vote(s)
    6.5%
  8. Travis Outlaw

61 vote(s)
    14.7%
  9. Roger Mason

16 vote(s)
    3.9%
  10. Other (please specify)

30 vote(s)
    7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. cxwcxw

cxwcxw Contributing Member

Felton would get more money if he resigns with Bobcats. I don’t think Ray Allen is good fit since we already have K-mart. Mike Miller is not the player he used to be. Only worth the veteran minimum right now.

Here are my three choices:

(1) Split the MLE on Brad Miller and Sergio Llull.

(2) Josh Childress

(3) Linas Kleiza

Both Childress and Kleiza can opt out of their contracts and return to NBA. These two are fairly young and have a great season with their greek club. I think these two are Morey’s main target when he visited Greece last month.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jwplayer.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashvars"value="height=390&width=480&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/standard/2774e53c-5b1f-11df-b3a9-003048d69c21_5_standard_medium-flv.flv&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/standard/2774e53c-5b1f-11df-b3a9-003048d69c21_5_standard_poster.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6548215&searchbar=false&autostart=false"/><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/jwplayer.swf" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="height=390&width=480&file=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/standard/2774e53c-5b1f-11df-b3a9-003048d69c21_5_standard_medium-flv.flv&image=http://newvideos.xtranormal.com/standard/2774e53c-5b1f-11df-b3a9-003048d69c21_5_standard_poster.jpg&link=http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6548215&searchbar=false&autostart=false"></embed></object><object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.xtranormal.com/site_media/players/embedded-xnl-stats.swf" width="1" height="1" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  3. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

He's definitely better than alot of the players on the list, and I wouldn't give the MLE to players based on need alone. Morey is all about getting assets, so its not implausible that he would sign the best player available.

I'm not saying that Felton is better than Ray Allen, because Allen is the better player and better fit for our team, but Felton is worth the full MLE. He's still young and is a good tough player. Felton, Brooks, and Lowry are all good trade pieces, and we surely won't have any trouble moving one of them later.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

don't see it mention but lebron james, how about we sign him for the mle, and tell him he'll get a peak sponsorship and to dump his nike brand

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Word. The truth

6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

It's only fitting Haywood tops this poll. Time and time again, many posters have talked about our need for a backup C. Haywood is the only one on that list who fits that profile, however I wouldn't mind Haslem.

7. shioew

shioew Member

Ray Allen is the best player in this list. n considering the historical

achievements and the ability of shooting. Yep, Ray Allen, no question.

though, aging... on the other hand

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can Rudy Gay be added to this list? If not, Brad Miller. A veteran who knows the system.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Sir, I know you like destroying the things I love but.....

Thread was meant to suggest the type of player to add to the team based on the resources we have and the free agents available.

Players seem to like Houston for whatever reason and people tend to think this team is better than you do, maybe even enough to want to play here. If we were to add a big piece like Bosh, the mercs will start piling on the bandwagon. Felton, maybe not, Allen, sure why not? Hes old, the weather is nice here, good group of guys, etc. etc.

Its like you're the eternal pessimist.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good point, I guess I was looking at it from the point of just filling our current needs. If, however, we are also talking about stockpiling assets for future trades, if nothing else presents itself, then that would be a good reason to sign Felton for full MLE. It sounds like a Morey-ish thing to do.

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

yah id def. let lowry go in a s&t to help another spot if we could bring felton in for only the mle.. but thats absolutely rediculous

12. SternSuckS

SternSuckS Member

I can see Brad Miller being added to this list, but Rudy Gay is not going to go to any team for the MLE.

13. RedRaiderRocket

Don't the Rockets like Scola and Lowry? Or can they still sign those players with match offers and still use their MLE. If they don't have to use MLE on both guys I say on draft pick and maybe Brad Miller. I like Les but am still not sure if Les would go insanely high into the luxury tax.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I would put Brooks in the Bosh trade and try to sign Llull for 2-3M or Felton for 4-5M. The most promising thing I've heard about Llull so far is that he's a better defensive player than Rubio.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

None of them above.

DD

1 person likes this.
  16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We are not in need of a point guard.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

We will when we trade Aaron + our pick for a top 6 pick, to get Cousins... :grin:

--RB

18. Garner

Garner Member

Considering he was the 3rd or 4th (i believe) best shot blocker in the league, I would agree.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It's tough to address the the MLE, because I believe the MLE will be used to "off-set" the assets lost in any deal for Chris Bosh. If Budinger is moved in that deal then looking at someone like Mike Miller makes sense. But right now we don't know.

I think someone like Brad Miller could be had for the LLE and would address our backup C position and still give us the MLE to work with. Miller fits with the type of player we have on our team and would work well with former coach Adelman.

20. SternSuckS

SternSuckS Member

Allen is a bit older, I'm sure he'd be happy to play 20-25 minutes a game, he probably realizes that he'd be more effective in a less prominent role.

Haywood has never been a major minutes guy, there's a lot of time available in the front court player on the rockets, especially one who is a shot blocking threat.

The wings are always potential for trades, so you never know when they might be able to use more depth, especially when our wings seem to be injury prone as of late.