1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns to wear "Los Suns" jerseys to convey opinion on new immigration law

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 4, 2010.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

Yeah, those first Americans were waiting around in England for months before they could get the papers back from the Native Americans giving them permission to come here, steal the land, and commit genocide.

1 person likes this.
  2. rudan

rudan Member

Last time I checked, "native americans" didn't have a government set up to enforce immigration laws.

3. Day

Day Member

yes this country does go back a lot further but we became a nation July 4 1776. We are founded on the U.S Constitution. Article 1 section 8 states that the Federal Government has the power to regulate immigration. Illegal immigration is defined by someone who has entered the United States without Federal Government permission or stayed passed their visa expiring.

Amerigo Vespucci and Columbus were not governed by the constitution... we are.

1 person likes this.
  4. Day

Day Member

^sorry for the redundant post... I didn't see the third page.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ah the great American fallacy.

If we start welcoming every ILLEGAL person across our border with open arms, goodbye economy.

6. napalm06

Nice post.

I'm amazed at how popular it is to protest this law. Talk about dramatizing.

7. napalm06

This is quite poor logic. Does this somehow persuade you that it's good to let in mass amounts of un-socialized aliens?

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Agree :grin:

9. SunsRocketsfan

yup goodbye economy and good bye the USA as the strongest nation in the world.

10. SunsRocketsfan

yup un-socialized, normally not educated, cant speak the language and demand a whole bunch of govt resources.

11. SunsRocketsfan

how does your argument make any sense at all? So you are advocating open borders and just allow anyone who wishes to come here come?
    this nation would collapse so fast it wouldn't even know what hit it. Then we can welcome china has the new world super power.

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

13. Steve_Francis_rules

That comment has nothing to do with my thoughts on immigration in the current US. It was a response to the statement that the US was founded by legal immigrants.

14. stab

stab Member

Nothing wrong with a little show of protest....

15. Bob

Bob Member

If this protest stays within the confines of one team wearing Los Suns during one game then this may be okay. But if this turns into a long term protest or a league wide policy then I won't like it. Politics needs to stay out of sports.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder what effect this has on business. The public polls actually indicate that the law was popular among voters. Obviously "likely voters" and "likely Suns fans" may not be the same people. Sports teams and famous atheletes (who are, essentially, their own brand) tend not to take any kind of political position one way or another. I am interested in seeing how this turn out.

17. stq

stq Member

what's wrong with deporting illegals ???
    they are ILLEGALS !!

Every year, there are tons of people graduating from places like Harvard, Stanford, who couldn't stay in this country because they don't have visa.

Don't you think we need more of these people rather than under-educated ILLEGAL cheap labors ??

18. realmustang

realmustang Member

So only U.S. citizens have the right to murder somebody in this country. LOL!!!!

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Are the Harvard graduates going to pick fruits, care for children and elderly, etc. or should we just hire tea baggers to do these jobs?

I like my strawberries. Thank you.

20. realmustang

realmustang Member

Ask the Native Americans if they think this country was founded by legal immigrants.