1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James or Yao Ming?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aka ace, Aug 15, 2002.

1. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

And don't forget our pick for next year is GONE.

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Folks, Labron James is supposed to be The S***. MJ invited him to play in his private workouts when he was preparing to make his come back. At that time James was a sophmore i think. Also, he dropped 40 on the cavs squad in a practice game a couple of months ago.

He is not supposed to be just another talented SF. He is supposed to be THE man. I am glad Ming came out this year, cause next year he would have had to take a back seat to James, no doubt.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron's a pimp, I'd take over Yao Ming anyday. 'Sides, Akron isn't too far from Coshocton,so imagine all the airtime and he's a cool cat.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The size argument is good. As I said, if we knew Yao would become one of the greatest centers ever, then I'd take him in a heartbeat simply because of his size over James.

The problem is we don't know for sure how he will pan out. I'd take James because he is less likely to be a flop.

People used the same argument about size to say something like: "You can get a muscular talented PF almost every year, but how often do you see a 7-5 guy who is athletic?"

That argument, of course, was about Chris Webber and Shawn Bradley.

Not to mention the same thing about Sam Bowie and Michael Jordan.

5. leehoang

leehoang Member

i would have gone with james, and worked out some kind of deal

for a free agent center.

6. austinrocket

austinrocket Member

LeBron will be an all star player but Ming is going to be a great center which is much more important to have.
    Ming also sells tickets and puts the team on worldwide television.
    I couldnt' see LeBron doing that for a while , if at all.

$$$$$$$ and a great player. Go with Ming.