1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is gona to sign Wang?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coolpet, Aug 15, 2002.

1. coolpet

coolpet Member

2. Panda

Panda Member

Who knows?

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If Wang would take 100 grand for this season, I'd wish the Rockets would sign him.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I believe Wang is still a restricted FA. There's no way Cuban will let him walk for that kind of money.

I have read rumors that Wang has a girlfriend in the Bay Area but here again Cuban will likely match a GSW offer.

An interesting soap opera would be if the negotiations with Kandi don't go well and the Clipps persue Wang. They do have the cap space to outbid the Mavs...and Wang would not far from his girlfriend.

IMHO, as nice of a pickup as Wang would be, he would the 4th Center on the roster...and that doesn't count situations where MoT, EG or KT picks up spot minutes at the 5. Not a very effective use of a roster spot.

5. Rocketman15

Rocketman15 Member

Ther is a 95% chance he stays in Dallas if not the Knicks and Magic need Centers badly and he can be one of the best centers in the east.

6. TexasG

TexasG Member

Dallas is waiting until after the World games before offering him a contract. There are still issues to be worked out between Wang and the Chinese Gov (for his faliure to report to the Chinese National Team). Cuban has said that he doesn't want to offend the Chinese Gov so he will wait until they decide what they want to do with Wang before offing a contract. He is a restricted Free agent so as long as Cuban tenders a qualifying offer to Wang the Mavs have the right to match any offer up to the exception.

Due to his problems with the Chinese Gov I wouldn't expect too many teams (if any) to make a move for Wang. The only team that has a legit interest in Wang is Golden State. He played on their summer league squad, and has a HUGE fan base in the Bay Area. I've also heard trhe Clipps have a slight interest. Unless he's signed & packaged in a trade I would expect to end up on any other team than the one's I mentioned.

7. aznlincolnpark

The Mavs won't let Wang goes....
    Wang is a sharp-shooter...:D

8. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

The minimum is a little bit over 300 grand.