1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: 1. Lakers vs 8. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Damn, didn't realize LA hit like half their 3 pointers.

I don't see any team in the West knocking them off, but I'm kinda happy Denver is losing because they lack mental discipline. At least Utah has a great PG, a great home crowd and they will play physical. I hate them but hell, at least they come to play and will lay the wood. So hope for Utah and SA to make them work as much as Boston and Orl make Cleveland work.

Edit: Maybe D.Will can have the series of his life...or maybe Boozer will finally come to play vs LA. I can dream right?

2. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

At the end of the day, if you shoot 17 more FT, you don't complain about refs no matter what.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cheering for one between the Fakers and j*zz is like having to choose between Osama bin Laden and Adolf Hitler.

You just hope both of them spontaneously combust.

4. Mr. Space City

lebron also has less help around him than kd has

5. Mr. Space City

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Nice choke job Durant.

7. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

great win by the lakers i am very proud of their effort tonight they showed the heart of a true champion here tonight guys!! guys if you ever want to know what a champion looks like well you just saw one tonight in the lakers

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

How do you choke if you've never experienced the playoffs before.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

I just don't see it though. Durant has great potential but people have overhyped him coming into these playoffs.

Thunder need to get some shooters though to put around him. He is the only guy I trust shooting jump shots.

I think Westbrook jumper will get better though. Not sure he will ever be dependable from 3 though. His midrange game is getting better and better.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe someday after Fisher is 45 and still draining open/clutch 3s people will finally get it that you don't need some all-world and/or prototypical point guard to win championships, that in fact it's actually a negative to have tons of resources committed to that position, as we see every year without fail.

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

uhh, that was after he got through 3 rounds and faced the best defensive team that year in the spurs in the finals.

he put up 25, 8, 8 for the ENTIRE playoff run.

so no, they did not play at the same level. lebron was still 2-3 levels above durant at that age.

13. wingcommander87

MAN, ibaka played great all series, showed a nice jumper, offensive rbs, shut down odom BUT really screwed the pooch by not boxing out gasol. I don't know why people are blaming collison he went to half-double kobe.

if i was thunder, I would have doubled off artest at the last play.artest is the least clutch off them all. kobe would have hit that shot 9 times out of 10 if he was guarded by westbrook. thunder showed their age when it mattered but if it was denver vs OKC. OKC would have swept them. NUGGS are the most stupidest team, I have ever seen play, especially with all that talent on their team.

14. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

LeBron was lucky to be in East. They won 50 games and were 2nd in East. It's like 2 rounds win automatic.

Had Cavs been in west that year, 50 wins would be 6 seed against Spurs 3rd seed in the first round.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i didn't see anyone else do that in the east. did you? with a 21 year old durant on that cavs team, they probably wouldn't even make the playoffs. lebron had to be PG, SG, SF for that cavs team.

if you really think lebron and durant were on "similar" levels at the same age, pass the stuff you're smoking.

durant will be a special player, but lebron is a generational player and has been the moment he played his first NBA game. lebron is on a path that could lead him to become the GOAT.

i don't know why fans have to compare plaers to lebron. they just need to stop. you can't compare anyone to lebron right now, or even in his earlier career with age. he's on another stratosphere from the rest of the players.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Mr. Space City

the year lebron took his team to the finals shouldnt even be compared to kd this year

lebrons first playoff run he averaged 35 ppg on 51% shooting. (granted it was against a gilbertless wizards)

but even during an elimination game 7 vs the pistons lebron put up 27 points on 45% shooting with 8 rebounds with his 2nd leading scorer larry hughes going 2 for 6 for 10 points while durrant goes 5-23.

and durrant had way more help than lebron had at 21

19. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Durant shot 36 percent from the field and scored 35 percent of his points from the free throw line (54 out of 150) WTF? Is he that good at drawing fouls?

Free throw differential is staggering...even tonight

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]