1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: 1. Lakers vs 8. Thunder

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Apr 13, 2010.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was wrong about him. He looked stronger in the regular season. Ball handling,passing and finishing in traffic are areas of improvement. He will get stronger,but he lacks elite athleticism which can hurt him. He is a fine player nevertheless. The Thunder need a center apart from Ibaka. Wish they had pushed it to 7 games.

2. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

eat dick.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They got a basket out of it...

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it is the spurs. they still have the best defense out of the teams remaining in the west + more offensive balance and experience to challenge the lakers.

but it'll be the lakers in the finals.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Durant lacks the speed and quickness imo. He looks so skinny but would bulking up be better for him??? Bulking up would pretty much drain his speed/quickness which he lacks imo.

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Please don't quote him...

7. t_mac1

i think durant is on the path to be a better version of carmelo in terms of impact, which is a great thing actually. he'll be a great scorer with defense.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Durant is fine, he just missed shots and was really ganged up on by a good Laker D. He IS a SUPERSTAR. The Laker D is much improved, look at Kobe's stats vs the Celtics.... It happens.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

What sucks now is that the Lakers will get at least to the WCF because regardless of the Nuggets-j*zz series, they will cakewalk through that series.

The only legit threat to the Fakers are the Spurs if they stay healthy and get past the Suns. Take that back, they WILL get past the Suns!

10. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

i am calling it now, the lakers are good enough to win it all this year guys, you guys think the lakers can repeat??

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Two plays changed the game: Kobe's tough 3-pointer and not blocking out Pau at the end.

Great season for the Thunder. Their improvement over last year was incredible. Their growth over the course of this season was amazing to watch. The youngest team in the NBA gave the defending champions all they could handle despite being physically overmatched. I don't think any team with such a young playing rotation has ever been this good.

I hope the Thunder and Rockets meet in the WCFs next season.

12. t_mac1

he could have used that defense employed by the lakers to get his teammates more shots, as they shot much better than him throughout a game. unfortunately, him jacking away hurt them. when you shot that bad, you have to know you can also impact a game by racking up a few more dimes.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

We need Nuggets to win first and foremost, Jazz will get slaughtered by the Lakers.

Plus they're the Jazz. As any decent Rocket fan, they must be crushed.

And I'll agree that it has to be the Spurs to meet them at the WCF or else we have no chance for them to go down.

1 person likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

BTW, I declare Ibaka "The sOdomizer"

I have never seen anyone give Odom so much problem before.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not to rag on Durant, but 5-23 is not just missing shots. It's missing a LOT of shots.

This was the worst match-up for Durant because of Artest, and worst match-up for the Thunder because of Bynum and Gasol.

16. teknokid

teknokid Member

One thing that separates Durant from everyone else is his work ethic. He will be back.

17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Seriously, how old are you? Their is no freakin way you are old enough to have seen the 94-95 Rockets.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I already declared him my favorite player of the playoffs, so find a new label for him.

:grin:

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think bulking up would be a bad idea for him. His body type is similar to early, healthy version of T-Mac.

Once T-Mac bulked up, he started to decline due to his abnormal upperbody to lower body ratio. His knees just gave out on him.

20. t_mac1

you should check his brain. that's his real enemy.