1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. RocketsInFlight

<b>Kelvin Cato In the Month of January:</b>
    15 games
    29.7 mins
    9.5 pts
    3.8-6.1 FGM-FGA, 62 FG%
    1.9-3.1 FTM-FTA, 61 FT%
    8.4 rebs
    0.4 asts
    0.8 stls
    1.2 blks
    0.7 TOs
    2.9 PFs

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

His best month of the yr and we're supposed to jump through hoops. What logical reason would Ming not start over him?

3. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Let's give him another pay rise and add another 7 years to his contract!! :rolleyes:

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

RocketsInFlight, just because he had one good month doesn't mean anything. What about every other month? Cato is overpaid and has no offensive skills at all.

5. Stevie Francis

Cato needs to find a work ethic so he can tap into his awsome physical potential.

6. chewy

chewy Member

Ming could put up those numbers in his sleep!

7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Not another Cato-bashing thread please. Cato is a Rocket afterall. We need him to be the starting center before Ming is ready. We still need him to be the backup center after Ming is ready. Please support our players.

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

You post on the ESPN boards a lot right? Why not post here more, a much better environment. :)

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree we all like to think that, Sonny. And mostly it's true. But post anything which favors one of the players in cc.net's doghouse and all you get is "So what? He SUCKS!" If Cato put up anything near those January numbers on a regular basis, he would be worth his contract. Yes, he has hands of clay. Yes, he has a terrible attitude (I say depression). Yes, he makes an insane amount of money for his usual production. But he has something going for him. He played most of that month and put up very decent numbers. That doesn't happen by accident. Maybe for a game, but not for a month. And it doesn't take ESPN posters to follow up RocketsInFlight's post with "So what, he sucks." Finding new ways to bash Cato has become a new (low) art form. Congratulations, guys. You're very clever. Some of you would be worshipped at the ESPN site.

10. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I thought the thread was a joke in the first place...

I mean, those stats, even in that shortened month period, most certainly not warrant a 'super' title.

Maybe an 'Acceptable Cato' title...

11. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

Kato will replace Oneil on the western all-star team with numbers like that :rolleyes: :D

12. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms Member

How about 'Cato doesn't completely suck'?

13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Those are good numbers for a entire season. I hope he gets the drive to play that way for next season. Maybe Yao can light that fire.

14. stra

stra Member

At least it is fair to say that Cato is capable of being motivated. I think we have all seen him try hard in some stretches. That means there is still hope that he will become motivated on a more regular basis. Last season I think he really tried to improve in this department and he had an OK year in my opinion and if he can continue his work ethic he could have a better season coming.

( Reports indicate that he has found some motivation in the offseason, something many people never thought they would see so Cato will do fine I think)

15. RocketsInFlight

Well it was interesting that five or six people replyed saying I was advocating Cato as some great center or something when I was merely pointing out his stats in January. The "Super" Cato nickname I created when he was putting up 10/10/2 over a stretch of games. Anyway Cato is a Rocket and pretty valuable since we wouldn't be able to find an adequate replacement for him. He's worth what he'll be paid this season. Hopefully we can trade him 2 seasons from now when Ming is established so we can get a cheaper backup.

16. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hehe... I remember reading it when you did. It was pretty funny. And when he'd have another good game, it was Super Cato to the rescue! or something like that.

I used to read ESPN boads a lot, but didn't register. Then I found this site...and the rest is history. :)

17. mav3434

mav3434 Member

So what, he SUCKS!!!!

well, every month except for January.

18. aznlincolnpark

hahahha super cato lmao :p
    He doesnt deserve to be call super cato if he was only good for one month... :D

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hopefully that will be his average for next year.

then we can call him "nice season cato".

20. RocketsInFlight

You are some very serious people. "Super" Cato is half truth/ half joke. Where's your sense of humor? A lazy, underachieving, overpaid center being described as "Super" because he miraculously puts up solid numbers for a dozen games or so... Get the punch line? Super...