1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Shane Mosley May 1: Who R U Picking?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by da1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

May is all about the money, REEKO. And that's how you know he didn't back out of the biggest purse in boxing history.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If Manny is so rich then why is he so desperate for money ? A concert...really !? I guess PED's are really expensive...
    _____

Just 603 tickets sold for concert

A promoter says poor ticket sales have forced the cancellation of Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao's upcoming concert Sunday in Waikiki.

Ryan Chang of Island Fire Productions said Tuesday he stood to lose about $50,000 on the concert, even with late sales and walk-ups.

Only 603 tickets had been sold for the show ... Pacquiao was going to earn $100,000 at the "Manny Pacquiao Live In Hawaii Concert Celebration."

link

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

shows that money isn't everything to some people.

4. MadMax

yeah...some people are about dodging drug tests.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Reverse thinking, why didn't Mayweather back down and agree on the testing 24 days before? It was the biggest purse in boxing history, regardless of winning/losing. If Pac shows up dirty after the fight, Mayweather's lost will probably just be an *.

Either way, would like to see Money go down, but Mosley's on the decline.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They are the absolute worst.

Floyd is going to beat Shane a lot easier then people expect

7. MadMax

Mayweather agreed to Olympic style drug testing.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I can't wait for the fight to go down because it WILL go down and then PBF fans will cry themselves to sleep. You better hope Shane doesn't do it first.

9. MadMax

what are PBF fans?

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I know, but Pac didn't. That was my point. If remember correctly, the fight was set to be random testing up to 30 days. Mayweather wanted Olympic which is random up to fight day, Pac said he'd do up to 24 days. Mayweather insisted on Olympic standards, fight canceled.

In other words, Mayweather did not compromise to make the fight happen. Why didn't he just take the 24 days and lots of money? This wasn't the Olympics, so that style testing was not required.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Jesus Christo this thread is about Mayweather vs Mosley. Please take this BS elsewhere. I swear this is getting as r****ded as the PC vs Mac debate.

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Pretty Boy Floyd.

13. MadMax

but it was the biggest fight in the last 20 years. so why the hell not?

14. da1

da1 Member

Because this is boxing, and you can get killed in the ring. Having someone possibly being on drugs only enhances that risk. So take the drug tests and show the world you're clean.

15. been_exed

been_exed Member

Its not about Pac being dirty, it's about pride.

If someone kept giving you conditions after conditions, there is a point where it's just not worth the time to deal with it. Sure you may say it's a lot of money and he would be stupid not to take it, but you have to understand that Pac is already rich and you are not. You need the money more than he does.

16. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kK9en6g9JTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kK9en6g9JTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Exactly this. Pac already made several concessions to Mayweather's demands, but Mayweather kept asking for more and more because he wanted nothing to do with Pac. I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have asked Pac for a rectal exam if Pac would have agreed to his previous demand.

I lost all respect for Mayweather, but I think he'll beat Mosley easily.

#57 The Real Shady, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  18. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Mayweather... He is the best boxer in the game right now

19. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2c4L4CPfQY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2c4L4CPfQY8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. T-man

T-man Member

Mayweather, in another boring fight that is not close becuase he is so much better than his competition. Mosley, pac would be a better fight, because we could see how he would do against someone with some skill.