1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron and the ball boy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sbyang, Apr 28, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hilarious.

The kid gets to do something millions of children can only dream of doing. No big deal if LeBron chooses to ignore him as he's entering the game.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This kind of thing is probably not just LeBron. But it's not cool. This kind of behavior is either juvenile or worse. (BTW, why does it matter if that is a gig of a lifetime for the boy? Does that mean it's okay to do the same kind of thing to the players since they are making millions of dollars playing basketball?)

I never liked the Cowboys. But Bill Bates was one of the classiest athletes I've ever seen. Once he accidentally knocked down a chain mover while running out for a sub. He actually turned around, pulled the guy up and asked, "Are you okay?"

3. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

Yeah, that's pretty messed up. I wonder if he does that back in Cleveland too.

4. SternSuckS

SternSuckS Member

Haha, this is such a homer thread. I wonder what people would say if one of the rox players did this? Seriously who cares, it's such a minor thing!

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

Not surprised. Alot of the top players in this league have character issues, (Kobe, Lebron ect..)

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The kid's job is to clean up after players and wipe their sweat. It is an inherently demeaning job, and yet he gladly does it (like most any kid would).

But I see your point. Players really shouldn't do that. But its such a privileged position for a kid, that if this happens I just can't get that worked up about it. I mean, if it was somehow a team rule not to hand your warmups to the ball-boy but instead to drop it on the floor as LeBron did, would kids reject the job? They'd still very happily do it.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

[​IMG]

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And therefore continue the cycle....kids dont know any better most of the time, that's evident since like you say they won't really care, but is that necessarily a good thing? It's teaching them that's how pros act, their idols. John wall has a similar demeanor as a college freshman, wonder where he learned that?

9. Mr. Space City

i saw rockets players do this many times during rockets games. i just dont care because like you said it's such a minor thing.

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Any video or even pics?

11. Mr. Space City

no, because it's so minor and i just dont care.

12. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Nope its not minor and I dnt believe any Rox player would do that without solid evidence.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If it's a team rule, that fine. The problem is not the action, but the attitude. I mean, cleaning bathroom is a demeaning job. But should we purposely make the job more demeaning by pooping on the floor just because the guy's job is to clean whatever is in the bathroom?

Of course, I don't know LeBron or any player's motive when they do that. Just by the look of it, it seems that he saw the kid coming, holding out a hand to take the clothing, and threw it on the floor.

14. Mr. Space City

because nobody cares about stuff like this.

it's only a big deal because it's lebron. if it was a scrub like hilton armstrong there would be no video of this.

15. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Lol you guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Not a big deal, who cares.

16. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I'd do the same thing lmao. it was at an away game. F the other team and their people

17. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

he's laughing at this post as he counts his millions of dollars (and fans) that he has and you don't :cool:

18. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

he is referring to greg oden's nude pictures

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

not all ball boys are kids in the NBA. they work directly with the Equipment Manager and do random requests for players, kind of like team interns.

i wonder if team ball boys get Championship Rings...

20. Mr. Space City