1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting Gerald Wallace

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Entropy, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

It seems that he still has a great relationship with Adelman. Seeing as how he is the only performer worth a damn on the bobcats, what are our chances of being able to get him?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

how's zero chance sound?

3. YourSecretLover

id trade arize or battier for him in a heartbeat

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

sounds right

5. kookoo4tofu

kookoo4tofu Member

ehhh...doesnt seem THAT much of an upgrade over ariza.

6. rockets > *

rockets > * Member

Why? From my recollection Adelman iso'ed G.Wallace as a King. It wasn't until he was traded that he got to where he is now.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

LOL......good one

8. Steve_Francis_rules

Seeing as how he is the only performer worth a damn on the bobcats, why the hell would they want to trade him?

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This is going to be one long summer....

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That's real nice of you

11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

sounds right ..lol

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

ya I agree, he is not much of an upgrade other than he can rebound, he can shoot, and he knows how to get to the basket. NOT MUCH OF AN UPGRADE.
    :eek:

13. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think i want Gerald. He appears to be the type that have tremendous talents...but DOESN'T play hard (a la TMAC). You can see this by looking at his body language on the court and him chewing on the brace. I want someone that play with a sense of desire and madness if things don't go his way. That is a sign of a competitive player.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gerald Wallace would be great. Gets to the line at a very high rate and, as a result, has a high TS%. Also has a reasonable 3pt% this year (though maybe it's just luck, he only took 1.8 tries per game and sucked in prior seasons). Rebounds, plays tough D. Exactly the kind of players Morey would like.

Will need young assets-- Budinger, Hill, Brooks, draft picks-- to get him since trading him probably means Bobcats are going to get younger. Probably need to trade away one of Battier or Ariza due to duplication (to Bobcats or in a separate deal to another team).

Won't be too suprised to see Jordan restructuring the team. Larry Brown is leaving and this was very much a Larry Brown team. New ownership/management/coach may also want to put their own stamp on the roster.

15. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Have you EVER watched wallace play, his nickname is "crash" cus he puts his body out there every single night. you could not be more wrong in this statement..

16. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Even if we were able to get him somehow, he gets injured every other play so considering our injury history we would not want him.

17. PktRockets

PktRockets Member

Have you ever seen Gerald Wallace play or the Bobcats for that matter??

I followed g.wall status very closely as he was on my fantasy team. He almost logged 40mins/night for several months. He did miss a few games, but not anywhere close to "he gets injured every other play". Please go do some research or watch some games before you make random comments.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I wouldn't put this in the realm of impossibility. Likely? Maybe not.

Larry Brown has a habit of tinkering with his lineups (i.e., making trades).

The one thing that the Bobcats just showed in the playoffs is an inability to score. Aaron Brooks would give them scoring punch, and playing next to a passing 2 guard (SJax) would cut down a lot of his chicken-with-his-head-cut-off moments at point guard.

Include Ariza and whatever to make the deal work. Although I fear we'd wind up with...what's his name? DJ Augustin? The Bobcats were trying to trade him at the deadline, and after the playoffs, I can see why. He plays PG with his eyes glued to the rim and none of his teammates.

Anyway, this is all speculation. Summer is a long, long time of the year when your team doesn't make the playoffs.

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

July first cant come fast enough..

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

WOW FAIL