1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA Playoffs: Nuggets (4) Vs. Jazz (5)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by abc2007, Apr 15, 2010.

?

Who will win this series?

1. Nuggets in 4

11 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Nuggets in 5

24 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Nuggets in 6

59 vote(s)
    28.2%
  4. Nuggets in 7

61 vote(s)
    29.2%
  5. Jazz in 4

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Jazz in 5

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Jazz in 6

37 vote(s)
    17.7%
  8. Jazz in 7

14 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Man I am impressed with the Jazz but I surely do hope that the Nuggets can pull this out because I still hate them.

Game will most likely come down to game 6, whoever wins game 6, wins the series.

2. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

It amazes me how Jazz has the resilience of winning playoff series time and time again with seemingly mediocre level of talent (relatively).

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I can only scratch my head at Dantley's remarks after the game about Melo. What he said was literally true, but Melo was the only warrior that showed up for the Nuggets. I'm wondering if they don't get along. It was crazy for him to focus on Melo's turnovers, IMO. Maybe if some of the other Nuggets had showed up, Melo might have been less tempted to force things.

For clarity: I'm NOT saying Melo played a great, all-around game. Some of the TOs had no excuse. But at least he played like he cared.

4. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

That's the merit of a motion-offense system.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

If they happen to win game 5, it'll be tough for Denver to win game 6 in Utah, though I do think it's possible. If this series some how goes to 7, I have Denver winning.

6. wingcommander87

who knew george karl was the brains all along? the way the nuggets are losing is shocking. No one on the nuggets know how the move the ball side-to-side and they have no idea how the stop the jazz pick and roll.

After the okur injury, i thought nene would beast the jazz backup centers but the guy is just not producing and kmart is the most overrated player on the nuggets. The guy can't stop boozer and is a liability on the offensive end.

If JR hadn't hit his BAD SHOTS in game 1, this would have been a sweep.

Nuggets need to trade Kmart and JR. Both of them a knuckleheads who don't help their team win.

I picked nuggs in 7, changing it to utah in 5.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I think that also suggests how good Deron Williams is.

8. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Boozer is pretty good too, but whatever. I'm telling you if JVG was the coach of that team they won't even be in the playoffs because Boozer/Williams would've been overused and broke down halfway in the regular season.

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Whether they win the series or not, none of these teams have a chance at beating the Lakers.

The Jazz are going to be either 1st or 2nd round fodders unless they pick up a legit 7 footer who can defend the post. Same goes for the Nuggets, they need size down low. K-Mart and Nene aint gonna cut it.

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

lets not be so sure the lakers will escape round 1 the way they've been playing (for the past two months i might add)

i ****** HATE utah and i desperately hope denver can turn this around and beat them, but they probably wont because dantley sucks. i cant believe he called out melo in his press conference like that after he put up 39 and 11.

KARL PLEASE find a way to return and right this ship!

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

13. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Utah :cool:

It's amazing how Denver is collapsing with ease. The Jazz are playing some damn good basketball, though. Soon enough, they'll also get Kirilenko back, and they'll need him for the Lakers.

14. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

Jazz and Celtics for the finals!

15. sw847

sw847 Member

16. IVFL

IVFL Member

I would say utah runs a more set based offense, with numerous reads. Motion is more predicated on what the defense is giving you with a free flowing movement of the ball. Utah has a set place they take the ball every time. Once the ball goes to one spot they have rules as to what they can do from there. Like when the ball goes into the high post they run a 1-4 high set, similar to what Oklahoma used to run with Sampson.

I just cant believe these same sets are still working 20 years later.

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Rather, OKC ... hehe.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

19. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

OK, I was wondering about this. I honestly didn't know if it was just me being biased, or if Williams was flopping a LOT more now. Everyone flops in the NBA. It's annoying, but whatever. But Deron has taken it to a Ginobili-level in this series IMO. I just wasn't sure if it was just my paranoia or if others were noticing it too.

I still remember a game 2 years ago when the Nugs played at Utah and I heard the n word yelled numerous times from the crowd. It was ugly. I seriously hate Utah fans. I don't want to lump them all in that category because there are some good ones (Sean on this board is one of them), but man are they annoying.

Not that my team's fanbase is anything to write home about either... Sigh.

At least the nightmare ends on Wednesday night.

20. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member