1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] - Lowry weighs leaving for starting spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketshopeful, Apr 17, 2010.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not even close.. Francis and Mobley probably slept in the damn bed.. while AB and Lowry prefer Bunk beds.. I bet Ab is a bottom bunk.

2. tomjc

tomjc Member

let's see what Lowry has to say if we have traded Aaron Brooks for CHRIS PAUL :cool:

3. Superdave532

Superdave532 Member

Like how he finished that Kings game with 11 assists?

It's funny how there was so much unbridled love for the guy all through the year, but then the moment he wants to consider indulging his competitive side, several people call him out or feel like he owes the Rockets something.

The guy's a warrior and any interest he garners will be a result of how well he played for us. I wish him the best, and hope he and Brooks stick together to do some serious damage next year.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Washington - Arenas' contract guarantees him a starting spot and Foye has a better skillset than Lowry.

Philadelphia - Over Lou Williams and Jrue Holiday? No chance.

New York - D'Antoni likes PGs who can shoot. Lowry can push the ball but when he's asked to make consistent decisions or run plays, he winds up blindly moving forward with his head down and wasting possessions. It would be more likely if they signed JJ and Bosh, but at that point they wouldn't be able to offer him more than Houston would be willing to match.

Portland - Andre Miller.

He's far too overrated on this board (the way Landry was, due to his blue collar mentality and likability). Let's look at things objectively.

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I bet the lakers throw some cash at him. Derek fisher is washed up. He can't stay with any of the quick guards of the league.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not really. He's a damn good point guard. And Landry was traded for Kevin Martin, considered one of the better SGs in the league, so I guess he wasn't that overrated.

Morey got Landry for cheap because of concerns over his knee and Morey publicly stating he wanted to have Carl's knee scoped before giving him a contract. Naturally, that scares teams off. He won't have the same luxury with Lowry, so I hope the Heat don't make a big offer.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yes but with a combined IQ twice as great!

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i like the Chris Paul idea...another thing, what if DM drafted Bledsoe? a cheaper Lowry-like player...

9. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

It's gonna be a long, exciting off season for sure.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

why don't we just give him a starting spot? ;)

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I think Scola comes back. No way can we let him walk. Lowry does have the potential to be a star starting in this league, but he can't do that behind AB. Someone will be willing to pay him and no way we can afford to match both.

Hope I'm wrong, but I won't hold my breath.

12. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

He will have his starting spot, if we package Brooks in a trade for Bosh.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey will Gortat him.

Lowry is coming back. He's the b*stard son of Bonzi and V.Span and must take the place that rightfully belongs to his fathers.

14. Dei

Dei Member

I just can't see Lowry being offered the MLE. The guy can't shoot. He's great in all other areas but, unless you have a loaded team, your starting PG needs to have a J. Like others have mentioned, he'd be worth the money on the Lakers but that's about it.

We'll have to part with either him or Brooks in the near future, that's a given. Both are capable of starting so we'd risk the back-up getting unhappy. Who we keep will be based on the type of players we can get at the other positions.

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Obviously, I rather keep both Brooks and Lowry, but if BOTH players want the starting role, than I would pick Lowry just for the fact that I think he'll fit better in the offense with Yao and because we can get a better return with Brooks ceiling high value right now.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lowry has to decide between long term security and a chance to be a starter.

I could see him taking a 1 year tender offer and being an unrestricted free agent next year, as opposed to taking a 3 or 4 year deal where he is probably limited to being a backup in Houston.

Lowry is not good enough as a shooter to supplant Brooks and would not fit with Yao because teams would double off of him and go for the dig on Yao.

Yao needs guys at the 3pt line and beyond to give him room to operate, as he is slow and needs that space and time.

Scola to me, depends upon whom we target in free agency...I think he is a starting caliber player on a championship team, but if we get someone like Bosh, I could see Luis going in a S&T....he is not a backup, he is a starter.

DD

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

According to Morey, we are going to pay luxury tax regardless and he got Les approval to sign both at all costs.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be more meaningful if it were Morey's own money.

DD

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the rockets are in control here. both FA's are restricted. teams with cap space to offer larger deals will be targeting bigger fish. i think the rockets get a good deal on both of them this summer. no worries here.

1 person likes this.
  20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

good thought process, but i wouldn't bet on it. with the possibility of a lockout, most players are looking for security this summer.