1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Battier takes shot at McGrady?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2o12, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly how I feel ... don't think that's what Battier meant at all.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he's making a point that involvement with the team is important despite injury, good leader...

Yao isn't too bad about this, but Tmac was really bad!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

what are the chances he would say this earlier in his career? 100%. He porbably has...not everything is about tmac, unless you try to make it about him...battier also said earlier this week how he would "heal faster" if they were making a playoff push, swipe at tmac?? :rolleyes:

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

It seems to be worded specifically though.

Why would he say "I don't want to be the guy who's not around when he's hurt," when he can just say "I want to be around this team, to continue building up team chemistry," or something like that?

"I don't want to be the guy who's not around when he's hurt" is a very specific scenario.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and all these threads need to end...it's clear no one on the team hated tmac, maybe they didnt like some of the oncourt stuff, but that's life. Trevor get's pissed every game when he doesnt get the ball, you'd think the guy hated his teammates at times, and later you see it's the furthest thing from the truth. These guys arent sitting at home trying to come up with their "next swipe at tmac", even if tmac was a bad person, the guys on the team aren't the type to be hateful and hold grudges, especially the situation is over with.

6. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Saying he wants to stay with the team is a shot at McGrady? Shane is such a mean guy. I mean look at him. He totally looks like the kind of douchebag that would take an underhanded shot at someone. TOTALLY.
    :rolleyes:

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Because it's common for injured players, not just tmac, to stay at home, or not be around. It's not necessarily a bad thing at times, i think battier is saying he just doesnt want to miss anything or feel like he's out of the loop.

8. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

'Battier Takes A Shot at McGrady'

...sells more newspapers than...

'Battier Is A Good Leader'

/thread

1 person likes this.
  9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i doubt it was an intentional SHOT at mcgrady, shane doesn't play those games

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac traveled with the team this year when he was still recovering from injury.

perhaps he is taking a swipe at yao?

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think this was Bat putting David Anderson on notice, how you miss that is beyond me......

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I don't think Battier is the type that like to swipe at guys. When he made that statement...i think he only meant looking out for himself.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The team has moved beyond McGrady. I could believe Shane possibly could have been talking about McGrady had this happened while McGrady was a Rocket and skipping games but no way he had McGrady in mind when he said this recently.

14. Nero

Nero Member

This.

just saying he doesn't want to be 'that guy' - ie it's non-specific.

15. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Nah, it's like saying "I don't want to be THAT buy".

Doesn't mean anyone in particular.

16. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

i don't think battier is one to take shots like that. i'm in agreement that he's just trying to be a good teammate. too many ppl tryin to start things about tmac ... he's not here anymore. let's move on to what we got going on and wish him the best already.

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This thread needs a photoshopped Jack Ruby shooting Lee Harvey Oswald pic.

18. Dei

Dei Member

There was a time when we had both Battier and Sura on our roster but they never got to play together.

19. BritishRocket

BritishRocket Member

Battier was just being a good team leader. He wants to give the team support even when he is injured.

It is not a swipe at any Rockets' player.

20. Coca Cola Scola

LOL. :grin: