1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will Tracy McGrady remain in the NBA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dave_78, Apr 6, 2010.

1. HOUSTONROCKETS5

I say McGrady will quit around mid-season.....

2. Classic

Classic Member

Plus he has that cool vein in his shoulder like you don't have!

1 person likes this.
  3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's a hell of a lot harder to eat ten thousand boiled eggs in one day than it is to become an NBA player. And your point is?

(If you're confused, MY point is that an act's "hardness" does not make it a great accomplishment.)

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

Stop...you're just making it worse..

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sirbaihu,

this is what they have on you

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxYw0XPEoKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FxYw0XPEoKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

6. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I am just responding to a post.

You sound really convincing there, talking about how T-Mac fans will react in a thread talking about how long T-Mac will last in the NBA. LOL

7. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

why, the truth hurts?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

it's hard to tell when people are impersonating tmac fans because that's how tmac fans are.

they think tmac is the president, stephen a smith is the secretary of defense, and tim grover is the surgeon general

9. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

But it is easy to tell when a person is a TOH because he will categorize all T-Mac fans with the same stereotype.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

look you need to stop,
    like when tmac is on the fast break and he sees the three point line.

11. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

you mean something like this?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yL5fwhjDbYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yL5fwhjDbYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

stop acting like you own this forum, everyone is entitled to express their own thoughts

12. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

What?!?! How old are you?? Um, let's see, there was: Grant Hill, Penny Hardaway, Bill Walton...etc etc.

13. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

It's a hell of a lot harder how exactly?? Just because you are gifted with God given talent and don't put forth the effort to see it through does not compare to being a doctor. Doctor's go to school for 8 years w/ a 2 year internship. That's 10 years of effort compared to your hero...umm, I don't know we'll make the over under around 4 years. There's a huge difference between being talented and things coming to you easily, than there is when you're a Hayes or Scola, where you have to work for everything.

I noticed someone else put, "yeah, but he does charity work." Well he damn well better. 23 million a year to play less than half of the games he should be doing something with all the money he hasn't earned. At least he was guilted into doing something positive.

14. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Actually it's a lot harder. I m in my 3rd year of med school but I couldn't make it to the NBA.

And no, not all Doctors work hard. Many people in my class are simply talented and made it here without actually studying hard.

Charity work is never easy. Sure most of us don't have 23 million lying around but we do have time. When was the last time you volunteered at a soup kitchen? The time you spend posting here, you could be helping other less fortunates.

Just for the record: I am not saying people here don't do charity work. Just pointing out that charity work isn't easy, even if you have lots of money.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

It is obvious you are getting desperate and thus making ridiculous propositions.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you will see him eventually having to sign a contract similar to what Iverson signed this year with the 76ers with a team option. Teams will need for him to prove to them that he can physically still hold up as well as contribute as a teamate without having to constantly be the playmaker with the ball in his hands.

I could also see him waiting till a few weeks into the season to sign with anyone because he is unhappy with the pathetic contracts people are offering him in the summer. If he is really hurting for a money-making contract then his best bet is to play for a team like the sharks in China, but his ego is far too big for that to be an option at this point.

17. wingcommander87

Knicks have 5 games left, after those games TMAC is HISTORY in the NBA. the guy doesn't give the offense or defense to play him even 20minutes CONSISTENTLY. But he may surface in Europe or china. I have my money on him playing in the CBA. The Chinese will still be his fans when he'll pull-up from the HALFCOURT LINE on a fastbreak.

This is interesting, the knicks last game this season is at toronto. Will Tmac end his nba career where it started? I think so.