1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Annual NCAA Bracket Challenge

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Mar 10, 2010.

1. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

agreed. wasnt a fan of the officiating.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I had Duke all the way.

DD

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I watched on the DVR, and just finished about 20 minutes ago so I'm a little late to the party.

Gotta say, that was about as intense a game can get without a fight breaking out and without going to overtime. Thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish.

I wanted that Hayward desperation heave to go in so badly!

4. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Whew....I ended up hedging my bet a little bit, but pretty nice to win a 113 person paying pool!!

Hell of a game, duke held on, butler gave it all they had. Refs were pretty bad on both sides...

5. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Wow I ended up taking 15th place in the Sports Radio 790 bracket that had 800 people in it. I'm very satisfied with that finish along with my 3rd place finish here.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I was just excited to be winning after the first round ;)

Fun times! If they expand to 96 teams though.. I won't be playing anymore. That just frosts my cookie!

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It went both ways, so it really didn't matter.

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

He's not saying it necessarily mattered to the final result - just that it was awful. Yes, it's good when officials are consistent, but consistently bad is still bad. Not worth letting the officials off the hook for that joke of a performance just because you think it didn't decide the outcome.

9. ItsMyFault

Just assuming he meant the outcome because there were a bunch of bitter fools in here last night rooting for the underdog...

10. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

How did Zoubek manage to not foul out of that game? Dude freaking clothes-lined Howard to the ground and got a no call.

Still, great game and congrats to Duke, but I feel awful for Butler. THere was a huge part of me that thought they were the better team last night but just couldn't pull it off. Can't wait for Gordon Hayward to become that obnoxious 8th-9th man for a solid NBA team.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

All we need is the cowboys to win and you have yankees,lakers, cowboys, and duke

12. ItsMyFault

No, I don't think you can compare those 4 champions.

Yankees and Lakers were champions for 09.

Duke's victory won't count for next year's super bowl... Duke's win goes along with the Saints win.

NCAA and NFL win first then NBA and MLB come next.

13. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

highest rated championship game since 99 i believe. saw colin cowherd on espn ranting about how butler in the title game is terrible for ratings. idiot

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

If it had been Butler vs WVU then that would have been bad... but anyone against Duke is a ratings boost cause we all want to see them lose.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i really thought butler was going to pull it out at the end. Must have been a tough loss for those kids because they may have actually been the better team. Duke's size was just a little too much for them to overcome.

Looking at Butler for next year, they may have a chance again next year since i don't think they are losing anyone significant and they may be able to grab some fresh talent with all their run.

16. Pete the Cheat

I haven't even checked the standings....but I can honestly (...and sadly) say that Butler was the only team I called correctly in the Final Four

17. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

true to some extent...but the butler underdog story is what made the ratings. even with WVU i think the ratings are pretty high. most of america took butler under their wings hoping they could pull off the hoosier miracle