1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 119, Celtics 114

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Jordan Hill must be thanking the Basketball Gods that his dumb arse owner and coach didn't play him and traded him to the Rockets.

It's basically like dumping Whoopi Goldberg and hooking up with Beyonce afterwards.

2. saintcougar

saintcougar Member

Watched ESPN News highlights and they didn't give Boston any flack about losing to an under manned Rockets team. Thought that was interesting.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

why do the dynamo get national tv coverage? This game would have been awesome to behold.

4. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

Interesting, but expected. I like it.

5. redracer1

redracer1 Member

I just had a feeling they would win and good thing I recorded the game while I was out. I came back home happy and feeling I'm watching an epic game. :) Truly one of their best game of the year.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What?

ROFLMAO !!!!!

What it means is that as he grows he will continue to make less mistakes.

He can improve his dribbling, he can improve his shot off the dribble, he can improve his defense, he can improve his playmaking, he can add some go to moves, he can add some post play.

Man, it is funny to see people making things up about a 21 year old player....I mean most NBA players improve for the first 3 years....and by end of year 3 or year 4 they are what they are....

Which is why Trevor will never get much better, but that is a different story.

DD

#186 DaDakota, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We've been fans of the guy since summer league, and while we don't always agree, we agree here. TSchmal is dead-on about Chase needing to become consistent, but that is a problem almost every rookie has coming into the NBA. Where you and I agree (along with crash and others), and disagree with TSchmal, is that Bud's ceiling is unknown. He would place a cap on his talent and future impact. We don't see a valid reason to do so. There are more players than we could count who were shaky their first season or two, before planting their feet on the ground and "getting it." While it may not happen here (who really knows for sure with a rook), what basis could justify a limit today on Budinger's future?

Clearly, at least to me, Chase has the potential to be a starter in this league. His defense has steadily improved (has become much better at making the right rotations, guarding his man, with a lot of room for improvement, but he's a rookie), he's getting the offense down (moving much better without the ball, ala Scola, clearly picking up Adelman's complicated system), and ironically his biggest problem is that inconsistent shot. Ironic, because his shot is his strongest asset. Chase just might blow-up next year. He should become a nightmare for coaches gaming our bench brigade.

A lot of "maybes" there, but a lot of reasons to think he'll continue to improve. Bud has the tools, he's smart, and why people are creating ceilings for a rookie with clear potential, when he's a rookie, is a mystery to me. Let's see how he does going forward before declaring his limitations.

8. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Boston commentators are so annoying. Worst I've ever listened to. One of them sounds condescending all the time. Nice to see our players stick it to their arrogant asses with a victory on their home court.

9. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

Man. What a balls to the wall win. I'm proud of this team even without Kevin "No Heart" Martin not playing.

10. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

haha great analogy!!! I love it..... GO ROCKETS!!!! Jordan Hill is becoming a beast!!!

11. Justonlive

Justonlive New Member

How many games are left and how many games we won last year :confused:

12. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I'm tired of hearing every commentator say Budinjer, it's annoying since we already know how to say his name. Anyway, even though the Rockets won, it saddens me to see that they are finally officially out of playoff contention. :(

13. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

You truly are a member.

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

My wife sure picked an unbelievable game to take me to, for my first live Rox game ever! Could not believe how hard they battled back, over and over, and all the great plays -- Aaron's 3 was just so coldblooded, and Hill's block to seal the victory, to name just 2 of the highlights for me -- being in TD Garden, hearing the silence, seeing folks getting up in droves to leave before the game was over -- PRICELESS.

The first few minutes of the game were a beating to watch, the Rox looked so overmatched, no defense AT ALL... but then they turned up the defensive intensity, regained their composure on offense... loved it whenever Hill came in the game and started grabbing rebounds and blocking shots. Saw a few other folks there in Rox jerseys, tried to run down after the game when we saw Luis getting interviewed, give him a shout out, but we couldn't get down from the nosebleeds in time.

Awesome payback, amazing memories!... ROX IN 2011!!!

15. arjun

arjun Member

whats happening with kevin martin? is he really injured or are they just giving him rest since these games are meaningless?

16. LifeisButaDream

<object width="388" height="394" <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=games/celtics/2010/04/02/0020901125_hou_bos_recap.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=rockets&videoId=games/celtics/2010/04/02/0020901125_hou_bos_recap.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

17. plates300

plates300 Member

I think they mentioned him coming back on Sunday but not sure.

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

That one loose ball scrum we won late in the game was sweet. Looked like balls-to-the-wall, indeed. With that sort of young, athletic effort, the addition of Yao, and one more Morey stroke of genius... Yep, I will wait until next year.

19. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

lol, the highlights did not even deserve the name. 50% of the time on Rajon Rondo's assist, and then they pick it up from the final 3 of regulation? They showed, what- two plays?

20. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Rockets are the only true team, that's the only reason I'm watching it.

The rest is all nonsense, the media, the refs, the friendships between refs and owners, Mark Cuban, the fixing of games, the lottery, Stern, ESPN, TNT, the fines for criticism, the Celtics legacy, the Lakers legacy, the changing of rules, the all star treatment, Lebron James' walking all over the floor, the women trying to fall down screaming their lungs out etc.

You can bet your ass the treatment Yao is getting is a way of telling him, come to our side and join us so we will help you out. If he ever decides to go to LA, NYK, Cleveland (with Lebron of course) Dallas or Utah he will get the treatment he deserves. If not, then racism is stronger than money.

**** the NBA, go Rockets !!