1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 119, Celtics 114

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 2, 2010.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I've been thinking that Chase would be a great role player because I just did not think he had the right personallity to be a true go to player even though I love his talent. I thought he could be an all-star at some point but I have never thought he would be a superstar. I am starting to think he has a chance since he has been more and more aggressive as he has gotten more and more minutes.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think that is pure BS.....people say he doesn't have that TAKE over mentality.....

Whatever, he plays the team game and plays it well, he certainly does not hesitate to shoot, even late.

I think people just want him to scowl or something but he is just a silent assassin....

The guy is NAILS...gonna be for a long long time.

DD

3. opticon

opticon Member

Chase is going to end up being the Mike Miller we always wanted.
    However I don't see him cracking the starting line up. He will be the the first 2/3 off the bench though. Next year if Martin or Ariza have injuries its good to know we have a player that can fill the void. If Chase finishes out the season strong the likely hood of Shane's expiring deal being packaged is going up.

4. MONON

MONON Member

That was a great call by Adelman. When Pierce looked back at Rivers, he lost the game! This was a team win in Boston. All 9 made significant contributions. IMHO, this game flattened all the tires on the tankers! :grin:

5. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

chase is indeed a great role player of the bench, do not trade him because jermaine taylor is too inconsistent to be the next von waiver for us

6. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

ray allen fouled out the game before overtime, had ray allen played i am sure the rockets may not have won this game, who would defend allen?

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ah well, it was far from him having a bad game. He had two other stats at 5 also in steals and rebounds. This guy gets barely any credit from fans outside of Boston for doing what he does.

8. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

DINGAA :grin:

#128 djperm, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  9. LifeisButaDream

like i was saying

10. opticon

opticon Member

I love Chase but i have to admit that we does not go into attack mode unless he is forced to take a shot or he has a wide open lane.

(IE the tony blare dunk, if you look at that play you can almost see that he flicks a switch in his head that he is going to drive and dunk on this guy, because he can see the opening.)

Chase never forces the issue he plays like he is the 4th or 5th option on the floor.

That is ok for right because that is what he is. Hopefully he uses Carl as development path to follow. Chase needs to develop some go to moves that no matter what the defense does he feels like he can get that shot off.

Like the step back jumper that Aaron is going to as of late.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think they keep Shane and ship Trevor out.....Keep Shane for his defense, his ability to teach Budinger, and his contract expires at the same time as Yao's does in case you need to start completely over.

Trevor could be ok, but I believe Chase will be better than Trevor if he isn't already.

DD

12. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

scolahill, luis jordan, luis hill

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Budinger will be our primary trading chip this offseason. He has the most value at his contract so teams will be all over him.

14. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

chase does not play better defense than ariza, keep ariza and ship out battier or chase if it means we get a better player

15. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

yea he does.. and minus the insanity :grin:

16. Rocket94-95

Rocket94-95 Member

i agree, we can trade buddinger or ariza, jeffries or battier, and brooks for al jefferson

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Like it or not, you have to be a volume shooter to be a star in this league, not just an efficient shooter. I'm not saying Chase can't become that, but he hasn't demonstrated it so far. Nothing wrong with him being a very good offensive roleplayer, if that's how things wind up, anyway.

18. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

go for it, it has high rewind value :cool:

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I think this is where Morey has to be careful and not give up the young nucleus of players akin to the Barkley trade so many years ago.

I can see Boston wanting Hill and C-Bud (no way a celtic fan does not reminisce about Larry Bird when they see C-Bud torching them with those 3-pointers and the physical resemblance) them on their roster for an aged Allen. No thanks!

20. potato head

potato head Member

days like this, i wish i had dvr