1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do not be silenced!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZoZoDreamer, Mar 29, 2010.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Ladies and gents, there you have it. Theres your answer why the its so quit there. There you go. But I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff. I just watch it on TV and don't worry about the haters.

2. ZoZoDreamer

ZoZoDreamer Contributing Member

Thanks!! I was able to post a few pictures...

3. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I have no problem with people yelling, screaming their heads off, clapping, wooting etc. But it gets annoying as hell when they use objects/props to amplify the sound. Sorry.

4. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cool pics. i'm glad you could run a couple of the lakers fans off.

side note: regardless of sex, do not post a pic of yourself on here

5. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

that's awesome! I enjoyed reading that story. I love hearing about fellow female rockets fans, and your response about les alexander was fantastic!

there were just too many lakers fans at that game. it was ridiculous.
    here is my sign I brought, that i made in the playoffs last year. This one was really causing conflict with lakers fans on saturday. lol.
    [​IMG]

6. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

Love the sign, I guess only the diehard Rockets fans showed up at this game. The amount of Lakers fans is ridiculous, guess the Laker badwagon was full Saturday. And I like your name.

7. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

lol same to you! i come across rocketsgirl's a lot, rarely a fellow rocketgirl. I had to restrain myself from getting into confrontations on saturday. usually its just men who say stuff, but some lakers groupies girls were trying to start something with me at the game, regarding my sign. I had to practice a lot of self control.
    I felt outnumbered in the sea of yellow.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Oh.

Did you now?

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

sorry to be picky but its not a brooks jersey, because has your name on it, its a jersey with brooks number and your name, hehe.

10. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

There are no laker fans, "laker fans" are either bandwagon fans or just KOFs

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I am one of the fans in other stadiums wearing Rockets gear... there are many... so it all equals out. :)

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lol no need to get racist with it.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Shoulda kicked them out and out me in their seats I go nuts at rockets games when they play in nj, so I'll be bouncign off the walls at a home game

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

What exactly do you mean by... "drum"... hmm? hmm?

Are you sure the woman you had an argument with wasn't baylorbear?

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol wanted Les to come over and bang the drum with you.

16. GMNot

GMNot Member

Sorry to say... we live in age (and culture) where "jerkish" tendencies come out in so many ways and so many spheres of life.

Maybe fans should have a button they could press to signal that someone around them is being annoying. This would trigger a spotlight coming on and focusing on the perpetrator (settled on because the fans around him/her would then all point at the obnoxious attendee(s). Then the TV crew could send someone up into the stands to interview the person(s) concerned (live and on camera, of course), get their vehicle description, license number and parking location so other fans could congratulate them after the game for being so sportsman-like.... Gee this might also be a good idea for some of the referees, too, when they make really bad calls. ;)

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

hey I saw you holding this!

18. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

cool story, but this is the thing, those "lakers fans" are those people who when the spurs where winning the titles, they were "spurs fans" and waaaaay back in the day when the bulls were the champs, they were "bulls fans"... so you know the type, if you're not actually from LA, and you're going for the lakers, it's just bandwagon fans, don't mind them, but good thing you told them off. this same thing happend to me at an astros game a few years back against the braves, well sorta, we were sitting on the club seats and there was this braves fan cheering for his team, but whenever the astros took oswalt out the dude gave him an honest standing ovation, and if we made a good defensive play, he'd clap too, dude was an overall good baseball fan, but these 2 old guys sitting behind him started giving him fits about how he was being too loud, and i think that's the problem with people sometimes, if you want quiet, watch the game at your house in a sound proof room. or something.

19. ZoZoDreamer

ZoZoDreamer Contributing Member

You know, I was not trying to "tell them off" as much as I was being very sincere and not obnoxious in cheering for my ROCKETS! I did not raise my voice or stand up when I addressed the usher and the fan. I drove from Austin to enjoy the game and take in my old stomping grounds. The drive home on Sunday was glorious!

Got my drum...getting ready to cheer us on against the Wizards in the comfort of my home...GO ROCKETS!!!