1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin out with Shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by milkoholic17, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

day to day

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We all know Kevin Martin also has injury concerns. Rockets continue to get guys who can't stay on the court.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac got hurt all the time and would sit out. people called him out for not having heart because he would not play through his injuries.

then last year, t-mac was playing through his injuries last. instead of people commending him for that, they b*tched at him saying "if he's not completely healthy, he needs to sit out."

so he did that, shut it down, and got surgery to end his season.

and then people say he quit on the team? lol!

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

WOW... way to misquote history. T-Mac got hurt for an injury that he had to play through to get stronger. That's what all the doctors except one said. Apparently that was too tough for him so he ended up subbing himself in and out of games, forcing Artest to play on a badly sprained ankle which everyone could see swelled up like a grapefruit. When the atmosphere was filled with his name in trade talks, T-Mac who didn't want to be traded from a contender to a team going no where, decides to get a season ending surgery and only telling the training staff about it.

This is also the same T-Mac that said things like "It's on me!" then proceeded to throw his mates under the bus when they lost. How about the time against Toronto where he just stood there and let his man drive past him? What about that when he got hung on the rim and his own bench started cracking up? I am sure we all remember when he started opening his fat trap about being ready to play 100%. Look at him now, no where near 80% let alone 100% The worst part of all this is that he had all the gifts and talent to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, and shared that experience with our great team.

The strong dislike for T-Mac as a Rocket doesn't stem for nonexistence. The guy gave plenty of reason to be disliked. While he was productive, this was something we could stand. After all, winning is everything to us. Most of us would sell our souls if it meant a ring for our team. Many would sell their soul for even a single healthy season damn it! Players with garbage spirits like T-Mac can move on, especially when they play like trash.

5. Roxriver

Roxriver Member

That's what happens when you're the highest paid athelete in the NBA and you can't deliver the goods.

What makes me sad though, is how much less of a man TMac became as his career progressed. Back in 2001, when he played, he looked like he was ready to kill somebody. Now he just looks like he's on prozac.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Kevin got his sore shoulder in the Boston game, probably running through a Celtic pick. His style of play can render him injury-prone, that's why I don't like RA asking Kevin to cut and move through the defense all the time. Parts of the game, yes, but not all the time that's he's in.

As to injury-prone, Lowry did not have a history of injury but he got a severe sprain that kept him out longer than expected. What about Hill? Battier? Tyreke Evans? It's a contact sport. You cannot predict injuries, although you can play in a way that can preserve your health better. Less gungho, and smarter.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure TMAC played through his shoulder injury. If I'm not mistaken he had shoulder surgery in the off season? KMart injury doesn't even look that serious. Think we may have traded for the softest guy in the league.

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah 10 FTs per game is pretty soft

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

From the brief views I've had of Kevin Martin he seems every bit like TMAC with less talent. I've haven't seen him try to take over a game in the 4th quarter one time. He just defers to Brooks every game. For a guy paid as the best player on our team I am expecting a little more from the guy. If u look at his shot charts he scores most of his points in the 1st and 3rd quarter and when it comes down to it in the end He just doesn't want it. Just don't want everyone to be over hyped about this guy cuz he hasn't shown me anything.

His defense is the worst I've ever seen. At least when TMAC quit in Toronto we knew he quit. But KMART tries to play D and he still ends up looking like he quit. Ray Allen torched him. Gallinari torched him.

And when it all comes down to it. He doesnt' seem to have a go to move either. Something that can always get a quality shot off. Most of the shots I see him force up have no chance of going in. In the regular season when the refs give him calls it all is dandy, but when we get to the playoffs next year and they swallow the whistles. Who actually believe KMART will be just as productive.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The way he gets to the line sometimes is a joke. I'm a Rockets fan and I love that we get that call but comeon. He's shooting a weird leaning 19 footer and they just blow the whistle cuz he looks like he's falling down. I personally haven't seen him drive that much. Most of his freethrows seem to come on pull up jumpers other than fast breaks.

Not to mention he shoots our technicals.

11. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Never ending Stacy.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You must not watch the games.

13. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Per Craig Ackerman this AM - KMart has a separated shoulder. The dude needs to heal up.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

t-mac haters seem to forget that t-mac played hurt through our 22-game winning streak.

i just wish k-mart would try to play through it and help get us to the playoffs. t-mac would.

15. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He's leading the Knicks to the playoffs. He'll make the Rockets regret that trade. :)

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

What do you know? It's a real injury, after all.

Martin needs to put on more weight, if he's going to constantly draw fouls.

The smaller player will always take more damage. It's like a little Honda Civic running into a large SUV in a crash. The Civic will be totalled with minimal damage to the SUV, because it takes the brunt of the impact.

17. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

for how long?if he can play against the fakers and miss the rest of the season it wont matter to me.