1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocker apologizes after making anti-gay remarks

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by NYKRule, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I really appreciate the kind words. I think you're very cool too, and I agree with you about the quality of our debate. We both care deeply about this country and come from points of conviction. I don't know if we can teach the people in Washington how to do that but if we can get paid to try maybe we can fly first class. I need the window seat though. :)

2. Nomar

Nomar Member

I'm pretty sure the Smeg-meister was just joshing around. ;)

But then again, he is like the Fantasy Football Nazi in not letting me in...

NO TEAM FOR YOU. :mad:

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Over the top, unacceptable, insulting, appropriate.....whatever.

I just don't like dumbasses. Rocker is a dumbass. And he's getting recognition for the fact that he's a dumbass. And because he's in baseball, and is paid millions of dollars, life has taught him its okay to be a dumbass.

So anything that happens to him is fine by me.

Now....you can all go back to debating what is 'right' and 'wrong'.:D

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Perfect, Refman. I prefer the aisle anyway. Got a bum knee. See the "Should I Get A Lawyer" thread for details. Or don't. It's a pretty boring story. Anyway, the aisle's fine. But we gotta sit in the smoking section. They still have those, right? I haven't flown in a while...

Rokkit: I almost always say I don't believe in 'right' and 'wrong'. And then some dumbass comes around and reminds me I do. We're on the same page.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

SmeggySmeg

Like I tell all peons around here,

"You have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't really care."

Oh, and your house pictures suck. What is up with that blue f***** trim? Are all Australians so thrilled with brilliant color like you've never seen it before, so you outline your world with it to be ... like ... British fags .,,, or sumpin.

6. Refman

I wish bro. I can't tell you how nuts I make my wife when I bolt off the aircraft when we reach our destination so that I can go smoke a cigarette. I think she's getting used to it though. :D

7. Batman Jones

Refman, another thing for us to agree about. When you come to the show you can smoke in the lobby.

HP: LO ****ing L. See? Now that's an appropriate use of the word f*****.

8. Batman Jones

SmeggySmeg:

Where do you live in Australia? My grandmother was from there and I've got a lot of family there. Mostly nuns and school teachers. Been to Sydney and the outback several times (had a great uncle with a sheep station out there) and Melbourne and Perth as well. Nice country.

9. Refman

Beautiful...we'll drive my wife crazy. :D

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

See this is exact same ****e WE ALL have to put up from you all the time, with your egotisitical beliefs of grandiour, placing yourself on some all mighty pilar above everyone, in the belief you know it all and we don't.
    Wake up a small the bacon you one eyed git,

YOU ARE THE ODD ONE OUT!!!!!!

Speaking of colours, every thought of checking them before publishing those stupid dim-witted animations of yours, I'm sure a blind slough could come up with something better.

and where do you get off thinking that gay state you originally come from is this only place in the entire universe to ever teach basketball fundamentals. Grow up you immature clueless Clown!!!

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I hope you're not insinuating that I'm defending his behavior. 1) I wasn't there, I don't know all the facts, and 2) just because I don't think he should be banned from baseball for what may have happened at that restaurant doesn't mean I think what may have happened is okay. When you say a murderer doesn't deserve the death penalty, does that mean you're defending what he did? I wouldn't think so.

Mmm, I don't know if I agree with this. I haven't thought much about it until now, but I think I would say violence against an innocent person is worse than words anyday. Words can always be ignored, violence cannot.

Again, I don't think I'm defending his behavior.

How am I being intolerant?

12. Refman

Smeggy--

I think that somebody (you) using the word gay in a derrogatory fashion about the state in which somebody lives in a thread about some jackass making anti-gay remarks is really ironic. It would be funny were it not true. If you have a problem with heypartner, please take it out of this thread. It has grown tiresome.

13. Batman Jones

Freak,

If words were so easy to ignore, I think people would be typing out that unspeakable, untypeable "n" word, rather than representing it with a "________." Words are more powerful than you think, as evidenced by even those moderates on this issue using the ______ rather than the word itself. My point here is that that is not the only such word.

As for the other stuff, I probably got you wrong. I assumed that since you wouldn't even take Rocker's word for what he'd done (and remember, he also said that he said other things on the street which he shouldn't have -- which is consistent with the message board quote from outlaw), and you wouldn't take the word of eyewitnesses, that you were defending him. I apparently got that wrong. Apologies for that.

14. heypartner

Refman,

Thx for sticking up for me, but I don't mind these witless twits like Smeggy who hide in the Fanstasy League forum and only come out to irk Admins more than anyone else. It used to upset me, and I'd contemplate why the bbs is getting so mean, and tell everyone I might just have to leave. But now, I'm pretty callous to it.

I take solace in the fact that people like me here, and I don't have to remind anyone Smeggy adds no Value to this BBS, and irks everyone with his Schizophrenic posting style. Nobody likes him, and that's why you never see him post in the Rockets forum much anymore except to live out his MO of arguing then leaving a thread when he doesn't get the reaction he wanted...like here. The only reason he's in the Fantasy Leagues still is because he got lucky and won once and won't give up his team, so they put up with him.

Are you done, yet?

What? Are you going to say 100% of what I write is bull****, and you just flush my posts down the commode, as if you don't read them and watch games with more bball IQ because of them.

Go ahead. Take your best shot. You can even bend me over a barrel, so you can do me in the ass--you ex-patriot wannabe Brit *** wanker. Come on, don't be such a poouuusay.

poouuusay

15. Batman Jones

heypartner: You're my buddy and you know it. And I don't blame you for being mad. But leave out the *** stuff, will you?

16. heypartner

He started it. Besides, some of my best friends take drags on fags when wanking off.

17. Batman Jones

Alright. Just got a private mail from heypee. I had no idea these guys used to date. Different rules apply. Carry on, fellas.

18. heypartner

thx a lot dude. No one was supposed to know I have a thing for the outback.

Well, now that it is in the open.

Say it again Smeggy! One more time for me. You know what I'm talking about. Say you want my dingo to get your baaaby!

You pooouuusay.

19. TexasG

TexasG Member

This is what Tom Arnold (Best Damn Sports Show) had to say about ... "It's a good thing the Rangers signed John Rocker because now they have an A-Rod and an A-Hole" ... maybe you had to see on tv but it was funny when he said it.