1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 116, Knicks 112

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 21, 2010.

1. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

and 7 TO's :grin:

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It can be a nice weapon for him, but he doesn't seem particularly accurate with it unless he's 2 feet from the basket.

3. Fuse

Fuse Member

I like how some posters are trying to give Hill props, while others are complaining about how he doesn't block shots... I mean, come on... Hill has more defensive potential than all their front court players combined. You have 3 PF/Cs that are specialized at a face up game.

David Lee has a good offensive game, but his rebounding numbers are inflated to make him look better defensively than he is because of the team's lack of defense and hence the number of possessions they go through.

4. omarog

omarog Member

Ariza 12 point and Battier and T-MACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC 15 jajaajajaaja with one knee jajajaajaajja ariza and battier SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BROOKS IS THE ONLY ALLSTAR IN HOUSTON ROCKETS

5. Fuse

Fuse Member

At least he competes...

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Kev and Trev both played well today while being efficient. I'll take 7 TOs when your shooting 9-16 for 28 points and 8-8 from the line.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"****ing Reggi Miler"

-Spike Lee

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also rooks are usually really bad defensive players even if they are drafted to play defense.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hill was great again today IMO.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

will this game be rebroadcast tonight?

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Jordan Hill in the post.......

Man, I was really impressed with this guy and his play on the offensive end tonight. His footwork was really good, and he seems to get very high up when he goes for a hook and seems like that is an easy shot for him. Even the one he missed down the stretch just rolled out. He really has a lot of tools to work with.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

yeah but i think it is just a bad way to build a team.

I bet when they traded their picks to us Walsh is saying "Don't worry, we won't even need those picks because we'll be a playoff team..." and the reason they are how they are right now is because....they always trade their picks.

It's like a vicious cycle and if Amar'e goes to play with Wade. Bosh stays in Toronto and Lebron stays in Cleveland. They'll also lose Lee because of going after those guys and Memphis has said they are going to match any offer for Gay (RFA)

This only leaves them....Joe Johnson and Boozer? Also if ATL goes on a nice playoff run I doubt they will just let Joe walk and Boozer could go anywhere at this point.

I have played two NYKs franchise on 2k. Each time hoping one of these guys opts out and tests the market. Joe Johnson and Boozer are the only two every friggen time :mad:

Just have to wait and see but the offseason should be fun.

14. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

yeah, Tfor3, i'm thinkin the same thing, missed this game...

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I bet she wishes this game would have turned out ANY other way than this, with Jeffries and Hill being such big parts of our win while T-Mac choked towards the end.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Paging Carrol Dawson...

Hill's a pretty exciting guy. He'll have to keep up the energy to keep up his minutes. This offseason, I think he'll need to bulk up and work on the jump hook. I've said before that he's in the perfect situation in Houston... making lottery pick money and playing real minutes without being relied upon for lottery-pick production, and with guys like Dawson and Jack Sikma to teach you the game.

17. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

Here goes another one...

"Jordan, and Jeffries both are awful. We killed Houston in that trade. To bad we can't trade the refs"

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

new york. where you can find fake rolexes on the street and a fake nba superstar in the arena.

19. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

A new career high in points tonight.

His hook shot was fluid, although that's his only post move right now. Is CD still doing some coaching for the Rockets? It would do Hill wonders if he can work with CD for a whole summer.

20. Fuse

Fuse Member

Hill just needed coaching, and he was paired up with the worst possible coach possible in D'Antoni.

I still can't believe D'Antoni won COY, when his motto was "not to coach" and just allow his players play the pick & roll.

In fact, the way he handled Tony Douglas and Hill has made him look like a complete idiot. On top of that, he is incredibly defensive of his choices... I think he recently made some pretty classless comments about why he didn't play Hill.