1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we traded Scola instead?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by petechillcutt, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It would be awesome to sign Marcus Camby this offseason. Pair that with a Yao/Hill/Scola/Camby rotation and that sounds good to me. I wish we could sign Manu to the Rockets. The guy is a winner and he makes so many great plays out on the court. Having him come off the bench would be of great value to our team.

It's sad but it seems like Battier is the odd man out in a lot of these situations, which I hate because I love Shane.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And all this time I thought Manu was the Argentinian Manu.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Disagree. Landry is more injury prone, even shorter than Scola and has a lower basketball IQ. Both are hard working, but Scola's work ethic is all-world. Scola's build and style of player lengthens his career. Landry remains one good knee bump from being out of the NBA. Scola is a vocal team leader while Landry is a quiet worker bee. Nope, give me El Skol! any day of the week.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Durability and all-out hustle are very much in Scola's favor, I agree. Perhaps leadership as well, though its less clear how important that is for our team.

Scola is not a guy you drop the ball down to on key possessions and expect for him to create something good. In that respect, Landry is a much better option. I see more potential for Landry to become an all-star type scoring option in the post than Scola. All things considered, I think that makes him more valuable for our team. If nothing else, he'd have higher trade value this summer or next season.

#44 durvasa, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. kuato

kuato Member

Hahaha, crazy posts, here you have mine ! , Scola is the white manu !!!!

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with most of your points,however you clearly underestimate the need for leadership on the team. Scola is one of the leaders on this team,Battier and Chuck cannot provide it all by themselves. Lowry is developing into one,but we need Luis' leadership. Martin is new,and Brooks/Ariza/C-Bud need guidance.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What sort of guidance do you think Scola provides to Brooks and Ariza and C-Bud?

8. deleah09

deleah09 Member

i think the both worked well togther scolandry its some stuff landry can do that scola cant and theirs something scola can do and landry cant just the things that landry do the rockets need at the time like get to the free throw line and make a high percentage and create his own shoots deep down low

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He identifies big games for them.