1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Drexlerisms.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 7, 2007.

1. h0uston83

h0uston83 Member

What abot BULLARD-ISM??

After Scola missing a layup..

Bill Worrell: "Scola just missed anoter lay-up, he put too much English on the ball.."

Matt Bullard: "Yep, he put too much English and not enough Spanish.."

HAHA! lol

2. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

tonight there were 2 plays in a row where he said "He didnt see THAT in the d-league" haha

3. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!that's sum funny s**t right their LMAO!!!!!

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That needs to go here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=177273

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant imagine Drexler as a good basketball player anymore... he comes off so goofy and nerdy. This guy went toe to toe with trash talking guru Michael J. Jordan, does Clyde even cuss? All I can picture is Drexler saying, "Are you aware that comment is unsportsmanlike Mr. Jordan"

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoaMdc8qGho&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hoaMdc8qGho&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  7. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I'll go even further and say I can see why he failed so miserably as a coach!
    For all the knowledge that he may posses, I don't hink he can put it into words. At least with bull we get some breakdown and insight. Going thru a losing streak and listening to Clyde is torture.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Today Bull was telling Clyde that he's been arguing with Bill over whether sophomore is pronounced sof-more or sof-o-more (a stupid argument anyway). So Clyde misses the point completely and started lecturing them on how ph is pronounced f- literally he said that like three times. lol, like it was some big revelation he was sharing with the rest of them. Bill especially, you could tell he was just trying to contain himself from making fun of Clyde.

Oh, and kudos to him for coming up with a brand new catchphrase tonight:

9. mic

mic Contributing Member

I lolled at that pretty hard.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

Garrett Temple: the latest in a long string of players who, according to Clyde, will be "a great player in this league for many years to come".

11. mi0304

mi0304 Member

anybody remember "and we have Brian Cook"?
    lo.

12. Audioout

Audioout Member

I was rolling when I heard that one! Lol. Bill's reaction was golden too.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

During the game telecast Drexler referred to David Morey as David "Moray"...as in Moray Eel. I had to LOL at that.

Quick, someone with Photoshop make an image with "Moray's" face on an Eel.

After NBA trades we can always say the other team has been shocked by the Moraaaay! :p

[​IMG]

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This is a very funny thread.

Last night, I didn't quite understand why Clyde didn't like the name D-League, maybe he doesn't understand what "Developmental" means?

15. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

hahahaha

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

After watching several dozen games on ADTHE.net (or whatever it is), I have decided that Drexler is a comic genius. I would consider NBA League Pass, but how many local feeds do you get vs. the other team's feeds?

17. bugerking3

bugerking3 Member

rockets up two with 2.9 seconds left against Denver, coming out of the timeout, Drexler in all his glory goes

18. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i mentioned this in the game thread. During the timeout before Brooks' shot, Clyde says the Rockets shouldn't shoot until 2 seconds left so the Nuggets don't get an opportunity. The irony.

Old school fans will understand.

19. UTBaller

UTBaller New Member

popcorn!!

1 person likes this.
  20. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

repped. Can't believe no one mentioned this one the other night... Then he got uber-defensive when Bill was jokingly accusing him of call Jordan "popcorn". Bill has way too much fun with him...