1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let's Talk Baylor Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sammy, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Major

Major Member

Nice for Baylor that they will be in the Houston regional if they make the Sweet 16. Plus, Duke is the weakest #1 if Baylor ends up getting that far.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Gotta get through SHSU first.

That's right. I said it.

EAT EM UP KATS!

3. Egghead

Egghead Member

Baylor gets to play in Houston after they get through the first two games

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

We have a real LEGIT shot to get to the final four. Everyones going crazy here in Waco. I love it. Sic Em Bears!!!

5. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

haha... Ekpe Udoh is going to dominate that Clavell punk.

6. Major

Major Member

I think Notre Dame might be the biggest problem for them. They are on a huge roll since they switch their style of play. Notre Dame is a team I had picked going far without knowing the matchups.

Assuming they get past ND, Villanova will be tough, but they've been struggling for a while. I think Baylor could handle Duke if they get that far.

7. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I like the draw myself but lets settle down. This is uncharted territory for Baylor. As the old saying goes, one game at a time. If we get past SHSU, ND will not be easy.

8. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

I'd love to watch a Baylor/Duke showdown in the Elite 8 at Reliant.

The South is definitely the easiest regional, in my opinion. If Baylor can get by a ND team that picked up steam in the Big East Tournament, then Tweety, Dunn, and Udoh will have a legitimate shot at reaching the Final 4.

Baylor's elite athletically, and Scott Drew has a very experienced, gritty, offensively skilled backcourt, which is the key to making a deep run (see Villanova last year). I think Duke would struggle with Baylor's length.

9. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

They won't.

10. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

haha this guy..

11. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

go sam houston bearkats!!!! I do like baylor, but I gotta stick with the university I graduated from ;) , but if baylor wins... ( which more than likely will happen) I will cheer for them to win it all.... but for now

EAT EM UP KATS!!!!

clavell is going to own the nightmare lol

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Clavell is what 6'7 at best? haha hes going to have fun with Ekpe.

13. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

baylor can make the final four without a problem if they don't choke.... it is a weak region for the most part

14. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I have a damn test on Thursday during the game. Hopefully the professor moves it as he is a big basketball fan.

15. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Wow ... awfully confident for a program that hasn't won a single tournament game since something like 1950 right?

Not saying they can't do it as I think they actually have a decent shot, but to say the only reason they don't make the final four is if they choke is ridiculous.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Clavell is very crafty in the paint ... his height is really not a disadvantage for him on offense. The hard part will be keeping him out of foul trouble. That's where we got trouble in the 2nd round of the Southland tournament against a tall SE Louisiana team.

I expect SHSU to make it a very competitive game. Don't know if we'll be able to overcome the shot-blocking presence inside, so our only hope may be if Allmond and the guards catch fire from the three.

17. garrinr

garrinr Member

Yea lol at all the "its ours to lose" talk in this thread, take it from someone who has had his heart stepped on in march a time or two, there is no such thing as an easy game in the tournament. Watch out for Notre Dame just sayin.

18. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

history has nothing to do with it..... this team has the players to do it right NOW

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This

Again, Baylor does have the players to do it (though I don't believe in the coach), but they are FAR from locks to even get to the sweet 16.

20. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I don't "believe" in coach Drew either. All the man has done is resurrect this program from its death bed, win 20 games three years in a row for the first time in school history, and get us to post season play three straight years. I hope he does something to make me and Baylor fans "believe" in him soon.

That being said, BU needs to focus on Sam and Sam only. Worry about Old D or ND, after you take care of business.