1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Post-Mortem: Rockets Lose Big

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Mar 9, 2010.

1. bugerking3

bugerking3 Member

[​IMG]

Troll lays out the bait.

BBS falls into the trap.

Troll wins.

2. markus4040

markus4040 Member

Haha, what a thorough analysis :grin:
    Way to reach, with one very generalized stat. Terrible post.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Kevin Martin last 10 games(all with Rockets)
    41.8% FG, 37.2% 3P, 90% FT, 3.7 RPG, 2.8 APG

Kevin Martin last 5 games(all starting with Rockets)
    48.2% FG, 43.8% 3P, 94.9% FT, 3.8 RPG, 3.0 APG.

Trending upwards, don't ya think?

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

A quick statistical dissection:

K-Brick has shot above 40% in 4 of his past 5 games as a Rocket.

Prior to this year, K-Brick has shot above 40% in 4 of his 5 years in the league.

The one year K-Brick shot below 40% was his rookie year.

This current year, K-Brick is shooting the worst since his rookie season, undoubtedly the cause for your disagreement with H-TownBBall. He is shooting above 40% this year.

The probability of you staying on this message board: slim to none.

The sum of your credibility and respectability: 0.

Sorry to disappoint you.

#124 CXbby, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I have prepared a detailed, point-by-point response below.

You will find my assertions to be adequately and exhaustively validated by the supporting empirical data.

I await your response:

[​IMG]

6. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You must have spent days on that detailed analysis. I'm sure Bimathug is so jealous. :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I agree with you 200% percent. Morey blew it big time ladies. I think he made a trade for a sake of making a trade. If he really think Martin is a championship piece with is weak D, turnovers at the end of games not being clutch, then he's not as smart as people think he is. Well at least he are heading into the lottery.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

When I opened this thread I was really hoping for something more substantial than some r****d math and your "confidence" to prove a point....this was the only thing that came to mind after reading...

"Mr. "Denton", what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

9. keez857

keez857 Member

lol awesome thread. full of rage.

10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

He was a ra tard!

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

WHERE IS THE NEG REP BUTTON?

12. parmesh

parmesh Member

durvasa falls in a faint...

13. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

This thread is entertaining...

Wait... so, you contributed to the global financial collapse (and profited from it) and that's supposed to establish your credibility?

14. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

I can't tell if I should take you seriously or not. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'll play.

You're claiming others culled data to fit their agenda. Your method is already full of selection bias because of the way you've decided to average. Your averages totally discounts the non-linearity in win-loss performance of the teams.

If you did this knowingly then you're guilty of what you're claiming of others- culling data to fit your agenda.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hee hee.

Who was the poster a few years back who claimed that he was right in the GARM becuase he was the branch manager of a bank? Good times.

edit, here it is. Same guy?:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=3309236&highlight=branch+manager#post3309236

16. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Now we're DOOMED! :eek:
    FIRE MOREY! :eek:

:rolleyes: IBTL! :p

17. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

I think you are a bad speller, too. Did you mean to say: "I work with heavy machinery every day because I sanitize wheat and sell it to mormons?"

18. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Well 9 games really, 10th was with SAC. 41.6% FG
    last 7 (games started = 44.6% FG)
    the 2 previous (not starting = 28.6% FG)

Nah, according to JCDenton's theory, Kevin Martin is ~ 16% better since around midnight of 2/22/2010!!!! Going at this pace, and with 20 games to go, Kevin Martin will be shooting around 76.6% per game with 6 games remaining!

But all kidding aside, this is just a horrible written persuasive essay where the statistics are twisted to show a point that's completely far-fetched. If everyone goes along this level of statistical analysis, the Lakers should be in panic mode. Anyone that doesn't account outside factors in determining statistical results are just trying to sell a moot point. The injury forefront has been ignored the entire segment. Heck, if the Rockets could win 2 of those close games with Lowry, Battier, and Ariza, now you're talking about a 5-4 record since the trade. HEY GUYS! 55% - 52%!! The Rockets are the ONLY winners of this trade....

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's some great "detailed statistical analysis" you did there -- you make DM look like a novice! You actually found a way to compute the winning percentage of each team before the trade, then do the same for each team AFTER the trade! And if that weren't enough, you then computed the DIFFERENCE between those two figures. BRILLIANT!!!!!

Hey, Clutch, is there some way the feedback function can be edited to allow for negative evaluations? PLEASE? And then once a poster reaches the Scottie Pippen level, we can ship him off to BlazerFans.net?

20. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I deal in facts, not fantasies.