1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I admit I like it when he makes it look easy. Shades of the old T-Mac. It would be nice to see him regain some of the explosiveness again. He is better than what I expected,but I do think it will be very hard for him to become an elite SG
    again.

Physically,it's very hard to be consistent at 30 instead of 25-26,especially with an extensive injury history. DD is right about him not being mentally tough.

When he was young,he was a good defender. Now he can't, and doesn't seem to have any desire to defend at all.

I don't hold a grudge against him. If he does well,it's good for the game.

1 person likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac doing pretty well so far.

But did anyone else notice that he is getting extreme superstar treatment? I mean the defender barley touches him and he is getting the calls.

LOL that's not what happened when he was in Houston. :mad:

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

AI could barley score 15 points this year. mcgrady without trying and being anywhere near his best has had to 20 plus games. you fail once again.

1 person likes this.
  4. Crudder

Crudder Member

The one thing about Tmac that has always been so great is that he has the ability to make the game look look easy - which is partly the reason why people say he doesn't try very hard.

Unfortunately, it does appear he is mentally weak like DD said. But, I think if the Knicks give him some superstars to play with and he is willing to take a 6th man role, he can dominate on the second team - really, it's his best option at the moment to get out of the second round and win a ring.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

meh,

are you asking a tmac fan to cheer for a team or know anything about the nba?

hahahaha

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Wow he had like 4 and1's.

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Can you just be mature for once?

I followed Tmac as a fan to the Rockets but I will forever end up as Rockets fan because of the players and organization we have so don't attack "Tmac fans" personally and act so high and mighty

1 person likes this.
  8. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

DD still b****ing about Mac, even after he left. I can understand why Mac didn't want to go back into the game. No need to take the risk of hurting yourself if your knee is in pain. It's also no secret that the Knicks aren't going to the playoffs anyway. It's kind of a throw away year. So he makes sure to stay healthy and then he will sign a small deal with NY next season. Or he moves on and signs for small with someone else.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - not b****ing at all, just speaking the truth, so all the uhhhh...people.....who said he would help the Rockets this year can learn that what the Rockets did was 100% the smart thing, and what was best for the team overall.

DD

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DaDa - Am I mistaken or weren't the one that said McGrady would have to play through the pain . . . .build up his knee . . .. .
    Now. . . all the TOFs are reciting the Mantra like it is brand new

Young AI took his team to the NBA Finals. . . . repeat .. . THE NBA FINALS!
    <Google it!>

T-Slack . . . . well . . .you know his history

Rocket River

11. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

DD..........
    Well we agree on the issue that trading Mac was the best thing for the Rockets. Given his age, and the direction we seem to be going, of course it makes sense. But we disagree, I think, on the issue on whether Mac could help the team. I still believe he could have helped the Rockets. I suppose the only thing that bothers me a bit is how people still trash him, along with those who favor Tracy, like they are above it all...but yet still stay involved by talking about him. But no shame in two differing opinions I suppose. :)

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Just because some of us have a life and have not read the encyclopedia NBA mid 90's edition does not mean we aren't true Rocket fans.

I became a Rockets fan in early 90's. Registered on this site in 99 as you can see. I love Tmac. Can your brain comprehend that?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey man, I still like VSpan.

We all have our own cross to bear.

;)

DD

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

LOL.

I have no problem with people calling Tmac out for his many many short comings. I love Tmac, but I can grudgingly admit he is soft, definitely bipolar and generally not very media savvy.

However, I do have a problem with people questioning my love for the Rockets just because Tmac is still my favorite player.

2 people like this.
  15. faraza84

faraza84 Member

he's lookin good but im always afraid hes gona get hurt while watching him. thats sad im mentally always worried about his knee, so i can only imagine how he feels. it will be a while till i think he can play w/o even remembering he had knee issues. i had a bad shin injury and it took a long time for me to realize it was ok and i could push 100%.

16. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

For a guy that is so hated, T-Mac still gets 72 pages of thread... Go figure. :rolleyes:

Mentally weak, huh? Well let's see some of you guys play on a surgically repaired knee...

Some of you are getting carried away with stating opinions as facts regarding T-Mac.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He's not b****ing about T-Mac he's just responding to posts and he's being pretty level headed about it -- if you take the time to understand what he's saying.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you became a Rockets fan first. Cause all 99ers are.

The I don't know what happened to you dude. you can be saved.

You think fake knicks fans are true Rockets fans? huh?

19. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

MY 2,000th POST!!!!!

Watching the knicks game and boy you can tell McGrady isn't healthy one bit. Its either that or he is just lazy. He isn't moving without the ball or anything. It seems like he wants to really be more of a playmaker instead of a scorer. IDK what it is but man with a talent like his why is he wasting it. Maybe its a mental thing and not a physical thing.

20. sephiroth.hk

sephiroth.hk Member

Landry thread disapper in first page but TMac thread may be in first page for several years...
    :grin: