1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question to China: why antagonize the U.S.?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ari, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Ari

Ari Member

An explosive report by 60 Minutes finally shining the spotlight on the extent of Chinese criminal activities and espionage carried out in the U.S. The segment will air on Sunday, but here is a sneak peak

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/25/60minutes/main6242498.shtml

2. MFW

MFW Member

The US doesn't spy on China at all.

3. Ari

Ari Member

Are you a CCP spokesman or secret agent or something? I get this creepy vibe from you

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

Do you refute his point though?

If US is actually not doing the same things in China, especially considering the widespread corruption, I'd be quite pissed at my government. Heck, I'm certain US does tons of espionage in western Europe too. And they would considered our "allies" in general.

All cost of being a country.

5. dback816

dback816 Member

I would be disappointed if the U.S isn't spying on other countries. How can I possibly feel safe living in Massachusetts, the Greatest State in America, if my country isn't doing its best to sabotage other nations?

6. Ari

Ari Member

This is a stupid side argument designed to distract from the story, which is why I did not address his point as well.

We deal with facts and not speculations here. Fact: China carries out a wide range of espionage activities in the United States, with the primary intent being to steal U.S. technology. Fact: a Chinese spy was caught red-handed on camera by FBI surveillance teams.

Your unproven assertions aside, this is all we know for now.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

simple: China wants to be #1. really badly.

call it an inferiority complex. That's what it is.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Have you heard of this department in the US government called the Central Intelligence Agency? Or it's acronym, CIA?

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Golly! I thought China didn't do that stuff? Call out the National Guard!!

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

These brigands will soon be taught the error of their ways. How dare they insult the good hearts of the American people with this cowardly betrayal. The people will rise up against this violation of American sovereignty to demand an immediate apology and the Chinese will be shamed for their criminal behavior against the good people of America.

Who does that sound like? ;)

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

America has made no secret of its' espionage on China, only recently have the National Security Council downgraded China from the first priority in intelligence collection to the second.

Though you have to tip your hat to American spies, they don't tend to get caught very often (though it's entirely possible now that I think about it that they are jailed/executed without a fuss by the PRC.)

12. MFW

MFW Member

And you must be from the White House's official propaganda, ahem, I mean PR department.

Hardly. At least the Chinese government is smart enough (or shamefully enough, I care not) to do it in secrecy. The US sends spy planes and spy boats right down China's coast. Maybe you're too stupid to know, couple of years ago there was a wee bit of a collision that resulted from this.

So let's see. Fact: the US carries out a wide range of espionage activities in China, with the primary intent being to eavesdrop on Chinese military, commercial and civilian activities. Fact: the US spies were caught red-handed on camera by pretty much just about everybody. Fact: the US spies were in fact, caught themselves.

Even if we talk the more secretive American esponiage activities, there would still be plenty to fill a bushel. But don't let facts get in the way of your bullsh1t.

Fox. And morons such as yourself.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to say what I said in the other thread. This should come as no surprise as the PRC has an interest in keeping an eye on the US and vice versa. I gotta agree with MFW here. While the scope of the PRC's espionage seems to be more the secret drop and payoff John LeCarre stuff the US does a lot more overtly using planes, subs and satellites. That might speak more about the relative technical capabilities of each than it does ideological view of each.

14. dback816

dback816 Member

You know Mr. Armchair Psychologist, we can sit here and put a negative spin on everything we, as a human race, has achieved as well.

Go troll somewhere else.

15. splendidfish

splendidfish Member

China spies on U.S. and U.S. spies on China. Difference being, China takes agony whenever it's exposed, but U.S. is just Fking shameless.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

China is jealous of our hilarious jokes -- you pathetic morans.