1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Jordan Hill? Any updates?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Feb 25, 2010.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Regardless of the rationale for including him in the trade, which I do not dispute, I stand by my assertion that Hill has infinitely more trade value than Toney Douglas. Personally, I hope Morey does not go for an expensive, "veteran" PF-C, when we have another chance to acquire a potential star in the draft. Remember the Alamo? Remember the Maine? Remember the Enola...er, Rudy....Gay?

2. Summer Song Giver

I disagree, with a prospect like Hill who has limited playing experience and tons of potential. If you send him to the D League now you run the risk of the career developmental players making it a point to absolutely destroy him just so they can say they are better than a lottery pick.

I think you keep him around the big club this year and let guys like Shane and Chuck build his confidence and teach him professionalism; then next year, if his game still needs work you send him down to let him work on the basketball side.

JMO

1 person likes this.
  3. wfox

wfox Member

good point

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I seen him at the mosque today.

5. LifeisButaDream

Fixed

6. httx713

httx713 Member

Adelman is not a big fan of Dreadlocks,, Athletes players with dreadlocks look very very Soft so I suggest Hill gets rid of them..

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Ha Ha! When you say "diamond in the rough" I immediately envision a 6' 11" lump of coal...But you are right about one thing: his athleticism looks really good over on the bench.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is a cleverly disguised racist post.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - I was commenting on the 2 minutes on the floor, he looked really quick for a big man.

Something that we have not had around the Rockets camp for a LONG LONG time.

Landry was quick, but he was not really a big...

DD

10. Dei

Dei Member

Have him become a Chinese citizen too so the name reads properly.

Do we even want another finesse PF that camps on the perimeter and can't rebound or block? I want to hear news on how good he is in the post.

11. LifeisButaDream

So you want someone who will clog the paint when yao's in there. :confused:

12. Dei

Dei Member

Someone other than Yao who can do something with the entry pass would be nice and we've needed a big who can box out for a long time.

13. herro

herro Member

I'd let him get serious burn. Chase and Hill need to see constant minutes.

14. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

haha yes indeed.

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This ^

--RB

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah we need a set bench rotation of Lowry, Budinger, Battier, Hill, and Andersen. Bring them all in at once and let them play 10-20 minutes per game together until the end of the season.

I don't want to tank so I'm sure the amount of minutes they get will depend on the game. But they definitely need to be getting real minutes every game.

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Agree with the rest of the point, but not the bolded part. I can't imagine Hill's value would be significant if he couldn't even get playing time on two lottery teams going nowhere. I didn't believe the Rockets could get screwed for sitting T-Mac, because he was never going to play worth anywhere near his contract. But young players getting DNP-CD on bad teams is a pretty big red flag. While playing in limited role can't possibly be bad no matter how he looks.

19. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

He's a grown man making millions of dollars per year. He should be able to man up and ball with some D-league scrubs. This obsession with coddling people into from childhood into their 20's to build self-esteem is a large part of why America is in massive decline.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plenty of great players went through this when they were rookies...